PDA

View Full Version : Nordstrom carrying their own line of diaper bags

cchavez
04-07-2004, 04:08 PM
They are 68.00 each and very cute! They come in a variety of bright, floral fabrics. I was told my the saleslady that they are not online. She also said their were plans to do a Fall line.

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product.asp?styleid=2838990&category=2379292~2379293~2382242&PrevStyleID=2799988&NextStyleID=2819869

Oh, they look very similar to this KS.....

JustMare
04-08-2004, 05:37 PM
That's the style KS bag I'm asking for Mother's Day :) I like the Clayton Stripe in Stone

I just came back from Bloomingdales and checked it out in person. I love how it has 4 inside deep pockets that can hold wipes & diapers.

Does the Nordstrom bag have the same interior pockets? Is it open top? Is it a lightweight canvas? Does it have a contrasting lining?

I should just go to Nordstroms, right :) DH took the car or else I would! There aren't any Nordstroms in the city - only the suburbs.

What department are the baby bags in? Nordstrom's confusing like that. Sometimes there in the children's dept, sometimes in the handbag dept.

Thanks for posting! I'm going to look into it!

cchavez
04-09-2004, 11:36 AM
The Nordstrom sale lady told me the bags were designed just like the Nick and Nora diaper bags. I didn't get to see one of those b/c they were sold out. I have searched online but I can't come up w/ anything. I think the Norstrom bag did have a contrasting lining and pockets but I am not sure how many. My local Nordstroms is not that big....so the baby bags were w/ teh handbags but I am not sure if it is like that in all stores.....

Oh, the bag is light weight canvas and I think it has a zipper top.

khakismom
04-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks for letting us know about these Christine! I have a KS dipe bag that size (but with no external pockets) and I love it. I've used it as a purse too since it's such a great size.

I may have to check out my Nordstrom's this weekend! :)

jerseygirl07067
04-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Thanks for your post. I had actually called Nordstrom's a few months back to ask which diaper bags they carried and I was wanting to check out those Nick and Nora and the Nordstrom bags. The salesperson was raving about them. I plan on going there tonight. I am still on the search for a nicer messenger style bag, without KS prices! (though I do love the look of those bags). I actually have a Nicole Miller messenger from e-bay but it's somewhat boxy and big, and I am going to save it for overnight trips.

Mary

JustMare
04-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Christine,

Thank you so much for posting this!!

I just got the Nordstrom diaper tote today and LOVE it! I think it might be what I've been searching for (is the search ever over?:))

I went to the Nordstrom in Roosevelt Field Mall on LI - they had a nice selection. I got the pale blue/khaki/white pattern. The pale pink pattern was so pretty, but since I have a boy I felt obligated to the blue pattern.

The bag has tons of pockets: a clear bag on a string, a waterproof changing pad and an adorable wipes case to match. Two inside bottle holders, a zipper pocket, and two slim pockets. There's two outside bottle pockets with magnetic flaps to close. The outside pockets are the length of the bag. One outside pocket holds the changing pad, the other has side zippers and opens fully to reveal a mesh pocket on one side where I've placed 6 diapers and on the other side a pocket where I've put his toiletries. I've stuffed it to the max and have to say it's not heavy. My Nicole Miller Messenger Bag tips over my Zippy, this bag didn't.

My bag has a flowery pattern outside with a pale blue inside and white handles and trim.

I'm VERY pleased so far with it but I haven't used it yet. I like that it looks like a very fashionable tote. You can totally use it later on.

I also have to say DH gave me a hard time with purchasing another diaper bag. I have three now. The Skip Hop, NM Messenger and this one and spent $143 for all three. I don't think I'm that bad! He doesn't understand how we can go crazy with diaper bags! Honestly, I think between this bag and the Skip Hop I'm set. This for my all day outtings and the Skip Hop for my daily strolls around the neighborhood. The NM bag is on it's way to grandma's house!

Christine thank you so much for mentioning this bag. I NEVER would have known about it otherwise!

Oh, I saw a black microfiber Nick & Nora bag and it resembles the NM Bag. It was like a dark whole inside, sorta on the small side and not too user friendly. This "Nordstrom" brand bag really resembles the Kate Spade open top totes in size, fabric and lightness but with a zipper top and tons more pockets than Kate.

For anyone who likes Kate's bags but needs more, this is the bag! And for the price it's so worth it!!

(I got a digital camera for Valentine's day but I'm still learning how to use it - when I figure it out I'll post pictures!)

ginamlee
04-16-2004, 08:24 PM
OH NO!!!

LD92599
04-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Which area of Nordstrom are these bags? With purses or in the baby section!?

TIA!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

houseof3boys
04-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Whip out the camera manual....we want pics!

I am so excited that someone got one of these and loves it. Post a pic or two when you have a moment, I would love to see it. :)

jec2
04-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Yes, please show us some pictures when you can. I would love to see this bag!

cchavez
04-17-2004, 11:45 AM
What a great review of the bag...so glad you like it! The thing that is holding me back is that I already have a floral bag.....I hope they come out w/ some really cute Fall patterns. And the price is great too! only 68.00. Can't wait to see pics...even though I have seen them IRL they were not packed up and ready to use. :)

Q
04-23-2004, 09:58 PM
Please please someone post a picture of this bag! I am in Canada but have a friend going to Arizona in a couple of weeks that could pick one up for me.
Thanks,
:)

DeborahM
04-24-2004, 06:28 PM
After reading about this bag, I just had to check it out!! For those in the DC area, the Tyson's Corner store had them. They wree in the purses section on a wall display, not with the other diaper bags by Kate Spade, etc. They had 3 different flower prints, a light blue/khaki/white with light blue interior, a red/black/white, and a pink one (can't remember the other colors - it was bright though). They also had other matching accessories you could get, like a cosmetics case.

I also bought the blue/white/khaki one. It's really cute. As much as I love bags, I told the saleslady, I can't bring myself to pay $300 for a Kate Spade bag. I have a problem paying more for the diaper bag than my stroller!

The additional things I can add about this bag are:
- the changing pad is nice and long and the side with the print has some kind of vinyl coating.
- there's a matching zippered fabric wipes case with the vinyl coating on the outside, however it looks like it's sized to hold the sample-size wipes packages you get from huggies, etc. I wouldn't put the wipes in there by themselves b/c the fabric inside isn't waterproof. I think I'll keep my plastic case and use this one for baby supplies- nail clippers, tylenol, lotion, etc. or what little makeup/lipstick I carry around with me these days.
- the outside pockets would also work great for cell phones.
- using a metal tape measure, the bag's about 16" wide total with the pockets, 11" high, and appox. 5" deep.

Deborah
Mom to Thomas and soon-to-be baby girl.

ppshah
04-28-2004, 09:51 AM
http://a1216.g.akamai.net/f/1216/955/6h/images2.nordstrom.com/images/store/product/large/119743.jpg

http://a1216.g.akamai.net/f/1216/955/6h/images2.nordstrom.com/images/store/product/colorview/119743.jpg

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product.asp?styleid=2834881&category=2379292~2379293~2382242&PrevStyleID=2826551&NextStyleID=2826548

cchavez
04-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Those are the bags. They also have one with bright red,blue, yellow flowers.

jec2
04-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Those are great for the price :)

celfsh
05-04-2004, 05:32 PM
OMG! I must have one!!!!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

kseltmann
05-10-2004, 09:44 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth... that is the most fantastic looking bag!

myllam
05-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi,

I was at Nordstroms today and these were on clearance for $45. I didn't buy one (I'm not much into totes), but they look cute and functional.

ginamlee
05-28-2004, 12:30 AM
This looks like something I'd like to try out, but my Nordstroms doesn't carry them and hadn't heard of them. :(