PDA

View Full Version : Those familiar with Timbuk2 bags

lstef plus2
04-08-2004, 12:06 PM
I was thinking that maybe the neon messenger bag

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/catalog/categories.t2?categoryId=1,

would make a good beach/pool/summer activity bag.

I usually spend summers down by the Shore, by the pool or at parks---I have a very summer loving 4 year old. So I need a bag that would put up with some punishment. Would a timbuk2 messenger make a good bag. Since it s water resiitant, i think that a wet bathing suit or two would be no problem.

Now if I do get the bag, what size. Its between medium and small. I am afraid the medium woould be too much of a bag, and the small not enough.

Those who own a timbuk2, please give me size insight...

bubbaray
04-08-2004, 11:49 PM
I have the timbuk2 El Ocho messenger bag -- it is the medium size. The Pee Wee is the small size. Then there is the Metro Mini Messenger, but that is more like a purse (see post and photos above for size comparison to a LE Little Tripper).

The El Ocho is a VERY roomy bag. I bought mine a couple of years ago for a gym bag, but ended up not using it very often (I prefer a mesh gym bag so things don't get stinky). I have kept it and will probably use it for a large, overnight diaper bag.

The El Ocho is very well constructed. It could definitely hold wet bathing suits, though I'm not 100% sure that they wouldn't leak through (I've never tried it). It could definitely take some punishment.

I'm not sure I would use it around sand. I prefer mesh bags for sand (do you see a pattern here?!? LOL!) so that sand doesn't get trapped in the bottom of the bag. But if that doesn't bother you, the bag itself could definitely take any abuse you dish out.

As for size, well that's a tough call. As a diaper bag, IMO the El Ocho is too big (and thus too heavy when fully packed). If you are taking diaper bag stuff, beach toys, towels, a book for yourself or whatever, I think it might be a good size. It depends on what you want to take to the beach I guess!

If you have more questions, let me know.

HTH
Melissa