PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Mothership

gel
04-08-2004, 08:28 PM
So, I was so excited. Based on all your comments and all my searching I decided that the Mothership was the one. I bought it in the white corduroy. My first baby is due in August (a girl!) and I developed a bag obsession. Actually, I transferred my purse obsession into diaper bags. Anyway, it came today and I don't like it! It's so BIG. Too big. I can't imagine carrying it. I'm so disappointed. So, I don't know if it's appropriate to ask this here, but does anybody want to buy it from me? It has the tags on it, I'll mail it right away. I bought it on Ebay for $110. It's listed everywhere else for $149. Anyway, please let me know if there's any interest. Also, since I thought the Mothership was the one for me, and it isn't which one IS the one. Is the Loom smaller? Skip Hop? I want a good looking bag, which has all the pockets and features and everything I might need. You all have kids already. Which one fits the real bill, and not my fantasy baby bill??? Thanks. Gabriella

jec2
04-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Yes, the Loom is smaller. I vascillated between the too and wound up with the loom. I still drool over the Mothership but am curbing my temptations. I think eventually I might get a tote or even the skip hop. I love my loom and a lot of people love the skip too. The skip hop is significantly thinner (only about 4" I think) so it might be on the skinny side for you, but perhaps not. I need to justify the Mothership by having a second baby...and that isn't happening anytime soon :)

jk3
04-09-2004, 07:40 AM
You might want to save it with the tags on it to see how it works for you once you are actually toting everything around. Then if you really don't like it you can sell it on swap or ebay. I thought it was ridiculously big too when I saw it in the store so I went with a Petunia Pickle Botton backpack, which I love, but just bought a Mothership off ebay too. It is large but it will be perfect for all day outings to the beach or pool this summer since I can fit all of DS's stuff + my belongings too. After using the PP backpack for some time now, it doesn't seem as large to me. Try packing it with all of the baby stuff you might use. Hope that helps!

robmab719
04-09-2004, 10:30 AM
You might want to wait until after you have the baby before you decide it's too big. Before my DD was born, I had my heart set on a Kate Spade tote until I saw one IRL and decided it was too big. So I ordered an ISM tote, which was beautiful. But when the baby came, I soon discovered I needed a LOT more room and better organization than the ISM bag had.

Keep in mind that when the baby is small, you will take a blanket, change of clothes, hat (to block the sun), at least a couple of burp cloths, plus all the other necessities (diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.). Then as baby gets older, you may want to carry a toy or two. Or, if you have a baby like mine who likes to be worn, you'll want to keep your carrier in the diaper bag, too.

I have a Mothership on the way (should be arriving today!), so I'm not sure if it will be my ultimate bag. But I have seen one IRL and based on recent experience, it doesn't look too big for all the stuff I carry around. As Avery gets bigger I might travel more lightly, but for now, I need the room. And if you'd told me that six months ago, I would've said you were crazy! :)