PDA

View Full Version : Received Skip Hop today, but decided to return it...

boys2enough
04-09-2004, 02:28 PM
I received the Skip Hop in Charcoal today. (FWIW, if you are thinking of charcoal: the color charcoal is very nice, it looks similar to black, but kind of gives the bag a different look). It is well constructed, and seems to be of good quality. The straps work on both of my strollers (Inglesina Planet and Mac Vogue).

HOWEVER, I decided to return it without even filling up the bag to try it out. I can't really say why, probably just because I did order it just so I could see it IRL, and since I didn't fall in love with the bag, it is going back...

Some reasons that I managed to come up with:
1. Can't use the bag when the stroller is reclined. We primarily use the stroller for Gabriel to nap in on a long outing.

2. The strap doesn't feel comfy when I have to carry it on my shoulder. Just a thin strap

3. I must be the laziest person in the world, but I do find switching from the "stroller" mode to the "messenger" mode too much work... LOL. I know I know, it can't get easier than this. But I can see myself getting annoyed trying to change the strap.

4. A few peoeple have mentioned this: the bag seems too "thin" for my taste. And I mainly need this bag for longer outings, so I need it to be able to take more stuff.

For now I am going to stick to my LE backpack for longer outings, and my Combi Urban Sling for everyday use. I only wish I could hang my Combi Sling on my stroller. Right now it hits the ground if I do that because the strap is too long.

I can see that the Skip Hop is a great invention for city folks who walk everywhere with their strollers though. It is just not for me. Cheers, Lin

RiaHannam
04-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Hi Lin,

I too returned mine but I think we are in the minority. I agree with you that it is too thin and that switching it from stroller mode to messenger mode is too much work. So I'm lazy with you, lol!

However I loved the organization of the bag. I almost kept it but like you I did not fall in love with it at all so I sent it back. I got mine in the light blue -which was a nice spring/summer color. I am currently waiting for my Ameribag Tote in Ocean to arrive (should be here today!) and am hoping this bag does it for me.

Maria