PDA

View Full Version : Coming back from the zoo today and decided that the LE backapck

boys2enough
04-11-2004, 03:30 AM
ain't gonna cut it... So I am thinking of jumping on the WW coop wagon. :) So HELP ME with fabric choice please. lol. Here is what I think will come close to what feels like me... Cheers, Lin
I really do need to go to bed now. This madness has got to stop! lol.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4327.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4328.jpg

houseof3boys
04-11-2004, 03:57 PM
I love the fabric on top. It was one of my choices for my Ella too. I am a black and white girl too. On my ella I got the b/w geo squares with red for the interior. Are you thinking the big circles on top and the small for the bottom? What about the interior?

You have a lot more choices to decide on Lin!!!! :)

pritchettzoo
04-11-2004, 06:58 PM
I like the one on top too. If you want more polka-dot-ish but a little funky, I've seen a fabric that has oval dots with a creamy color that's really pretty and unique. I'll hunt it down if you'd like!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

boys2enough
04-11-2004, 07:13 PM
HI, yes, I would LOVE to see that. Thank you so much. That is so sweet! But please don't spend too much time on it. With a little one, I know that every mom on this board has not much free time to spare... :)

I was thinking of using the big dots on top, and the smaller dots on the bottom. But now, what to use for the interior??? (Thank you, Debbi, for reminding me.... lol) Maybe I will just get too lazy and give up on this idea... lol.

Thanks! Lin

ppshah
04-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Maybe the big dots on top with solid black on bottom. You could do the little dots as piping between the two and on the inside. They seriously need to make a program for the "virtual" bags that shows all the fabrics together. Good luck!!!

Dscvrlifewith3
04-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Please don't give my computer geek husband any ideas please <grin>

pritchettzoo
04-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Here's a primarily black with white dot fabric--but with a little bit of color:
http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/shop-html/prods/M/MY1014-JR.html

Here's a colorful dotted fabric with a black background that I love:
http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/shop-html/prods/A/AH6180-D.html

I can't find the one I was thinking of...maybe I have it confused with this: http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/shop-html/prods/A/AH2717-KR.html or this: http://www.thecottonshop.net/cgi-bin/fabricshop/show.cgi?Pic=miller111a.JPG&cat=31&page=2

Sorry I couldn't find what I described--I do think I had combined the last two in my head.

Oh, and I'd do another pattern to coordinate with the dots rather than another dot with that bold Disco Dots pattern. Maybe a stripe or a pattern. Or just a solid black with a red trim to pop? Or a funky black ostrich feather?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

boys2enough
04-12-2004, 12:25 AM
He should definitely go for it! He then can file a patent and sell this software program to all the other custom-made stores! ;-) lol

boys2enough
04-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Hi, thank you for all the great fabric ideas. You see, I am so used to all black bags, that this black and white dots will be my first baby step away from my usual color-scheme (or lack of, since I am always black, black, black... boring, I know).

Right now I have 4 ideas, and wonder whether you all could continue to help me out here:

1. Big Disco dots on top, solid black on the bottom, with a white (striped textured... don't know how to describe it, not smooth) ribbon in between. Maybe a "masculin" bow (often seen on men's hat? hope I am making sense here) added (if it's possible). Interior could be the small dots, black gimham, or black strip (if I can find any).

2. The same as above, only instead of the solid black, it's the small dots.

3. The same as #1. To be "bold" (in my case), use pink ribbon in between and pink interior.

4. The same as #1, only the bottom is black and white stripes, if I can find any fabric like that.

I thought I should gather as many opinions as I could and think this through before I go bug Kim. Any opinions or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you thank you thank you! Cheers, Lin

tigalig
04-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Lin, I love the fabric choices - I wanted the disco dots BADLY but DH said no (and he claims he'll carry it - we'll see). I'm also interested in knowing if you have the LE deluxe backpack. I was going to order that one for trips (and I already have a WW backpack order in), but maybe I should reconsider if you're disappointed. I agree with you that this is complete madness, but it's a fun addiction (too many bags).

Ida

boys2enough
04-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi, Ida, thank you. Well, my DH does not care for the pattern either, but it is not near anywhere as feminine as the other fabrics shown on the WW website. (I actually gave DH fair warning before sending him to that website. lol. I do not own anything with flowers or pastel colors at all. thought he might get a heart attack unprepared. ;-) ) Anyway, he would not touch the bag with a 10-foot pole anyway because of the style itself, so it really doesn't matter which fabric I end up using. You should really really grill DH and maybe, have him sign a "contract" or something if you give up on this fabric just because he said he'd carry the bag in some other fabric. LOL.

I DO NOT have the LE deluxe backpack, and really regreted not buying it actually. I have read great reviews from fellow moms here, esp. from Mia's mom (sorry, can't remember her "code name," but remember Mia's name because it's such a cute name and she is so adorable...) She esp. likes the feature of the parents' bag that you can detach and use alone. (It will make things easier when you "hop" bags as well).

I had an LE diaper backpack (several versions ago) that we bought in 1998. I was very happy with it, all the compartments were in the right place, etc etc. One day I woke up and decided that I didn't want a backpack any more. So I sold it on eBay. BAD DECISION! For travel, I found that I still DO need a backpack to carry all the stuff we need to bring with us, such as the kitchen sink. ;-)

So I searched and decided on a cheaper LE backpack, just so DH would not blow a fuse (since I sold our very nice one not long ago). I got the All-Terrain backpack on clearance, thinking the bottom compartment will be great for all the diapering stuff. Well, it worked fine, did its job as a carry-all for air travel, though a pain trying to find and get anything out of it. But that was kind of expected.

However, it is an overkill for one-day outing such as our zoo trip. It was also a pain for me to get stuff out either when it was hanging off my Planet stroller, or when I was carrying it on my back. I actually lost my balance and sat down hard on the ground when I was getting something out of it from behand the stroller. DH thought I finally lost it. lol. What also bothers me is that the bag, surprisly, does not sit squarely on the ground when you put it down. It has the tendency to fall flat either forward or backward. Maybe has something to do with how I pack my stuff? But that drove me crazy.

So here I am... Sorry for the long rambling post. I don't get out much... LOL. HTH. and good luck with your fabric decision! Lin

tigalig
04-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Lin, that's really funny about our DHs and their tastes. I ended up with the Michael Miller pastel colorband which I think is much more feminine than the dots, but he said he could carry that one (go figure). Yes, a contract would be nice, but he'll hold me accountable and say he was under duress.

Oh, that's right - I think it was Mia's mom who raved about the LE deluxe backpack and we now have our own little Mia overseas who may need us to get one for travel (either to pick her up or to show her around her new country). I would be really annoyed with a bag that could not stand - good for you for deciding to jump on the WW bandwagon! I'll post my review as soon as it arrives, but I just know I'm going to love it because Kim was awesome to talk with. Next time I'm going for the dots... :D

Ida

Mikesa3
04-12-2004, 05:25 PM
I like your #3 because I love black and pink together.Next pick would be #1 w/small dots inside.HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids