PDA

View Full Version : Funny Diaper Bag story I knew I had to share

Imperia
04-11-2004, 04:14 AM
TOday Dh and DD and I were at Macy's shopping for shoes. I was looking at the 3,000 styles and choices and DH was in the aisle pushing DD around and around in her stroller. I was wearing my Petunia Pickle Bottom (Shrimp Roll) as a back pack because we have a Plikomatic and I hat etrying to get the bag in and out of the basket...

After we left DH told me this story:

"While you were busy looking at shoes this girl came by and flicked your hair out of the way so she could read the name of your diaper bag. Then she turned to her mother and said, "Oh that's Petunia Pickle Bottom, the ________ of diaperbags." OF course my DH didn't hear what she said completely, but we were assuming she meant something positive. Then, her mother looked over and saw my DH watching the whole thing. SO the mother sayd, 'He saw you!' "

I was totally oblivious to this the entire time!

I just thought I would share this with you ladies as I never realized a daiper bag would cause such a stir.

Imperia

JenCA
04-11-2004, 04:42 AM
That is too funny! Do you have really long hair? I can't imagine how else the girl could have gotten away with flicking your hair out of the way without you noticing. Then again, if she was sly enough about it... ;)

I have to say that I get comments and questions about my PP toddler tote (I have the sunset dragon roll) ALL the time. The instructor at Julia's GymCrawlers class gushes over it every week when I bring Julia in, LOL! It's a great conversation piece. :)

jkabopenguins
04-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Hi Imperia!
I bought a Petunia Pickle Bottom (Cucumber Roll) a few weeks ago! My baby isn't due until June, so I haven't used it yet. I laughed at your story because the way I decided on the Petunia was by stopping a woman on the ferry and asking to see her diaper bag. I saw it from a far and knew it was a Petunia, but hadn't actually seen one in person at that point. The woman was great and showed me all the ins and outs of the bag. I was sold!! I love my bag so much. I keep taking it out and just holding it! Can't wait to use it! Thanks for the story!
--Jen :)