PDA

View Full Version : Covers4kids or Sewcuteboutique?

m448
04-11-2004, 09:42 AM
I've narrowed down my shopping cart cover choices to these two. The one thing holding me back from getting the covers4kids one is the belt. I'm a click belt type of mom and hate the threading one. I know it can be converted but I'd be afraid it would get unthreaded and I hate to sew.

However, I'm looking at the sewcuteboutique and am wondering if it's an equivalent to the covers4kids one?

Ian 10/30/03

Momof3Labs
04-11-2004, 10:33 AM
I switched out the belt on my Covers4kids.com cover, and can't imagine how there could be any sewing required when switching belts. I just pulled the old one through the two holes sewn in the cover, put the new one through the same holes, and it was all ready to go. My new belt was about $4 at BRU.

kensjen
04-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Well I have seen both of these. I ordered a covers4kids (c4k) for SIL and I have a sewcuteboutique (scb) for me (or DS). The sewcuteboutique seems nicer to me. I know this is sort of a personal item, where everyone is looking for something different, so this is JMHO. (I've added little abbreviations for the covers, so I didn't have to keep typing it out! :) )

The c4k is not as padded, padding was important to me. DS is still pretty tipsy, and I like having the padding, it helps to hold him up. And I use the little pillow every time, which comes with it. It seems like many of the options are extra at c4k, like the pillow and different fabric on the other side, making it reversible. Both of those were included in my 29.99 price for the scb. I did like how the c4k folded into a bag, but again, that is because it is not as padded. The scb cover is bulkier, but you can fold it up and use the seatbelt as a strap if you like. I usually just roll it up a bit, and throw it in the back of the car, but I know that would drive some of you crazy! LOL

As far as customer service, Cathy was just awesome! (scb) She emailed to me several fabrics, because I was looking for something specific, and ended up ordering something for me. Also, I got the cover extremely fast. She let me know she had the fabric and confirmed that I still wanted a seat cover. (I didn't have to pay her in advance) She made it that day (Fri) and I had it in my hands on Mon. She emailed a photo and I paid at that time. I don't know if she will always be that quick, I'm sure she is getting busy, but I was still very impressed. It took several weeks to get the c4k (with no updates) and many months to get a snazzy seat that I also had. I realize that these are handmade items and that the WAHMs are very busy, I just said this to compare the experience. Time may be a factor for you..??

Post if you have any other questions, I would be happy to help. Both seats are very nice and reasonably priced, you got it down to 2 good choices!

pritchettzoo
04-11-2004, 01:08 PM
My Covers4kids cover came with the click belt. I ordered it 1.5 mos ago or so. But Jen's description sounds like the other one might be nicer...so I'm not reading anymore! ;) Seriously, I'm perfectly happy with the C4K one...except the toy loop should be a thicker ribbon--the toys slide off of it easily.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

m448
04-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Lori, for some reason I was under the impression that the belt couldn't be taken out but that some had purcashed the click buckle and threaded the existing belt through that. So BRU actually sells just plain click belts?

I have to admit I'm leaning a bit more towards the sewcuteboutique now that I've heard it has a bit more padding (my son is 5 1/2 months old and still pretty tips too). I'm buying one on my husband's urging (big shocker) since he's freaked by the hard cart surfaces and I hate the germiness.

Marielle
Ian 10/30/03

LucyG
04-11-2004, 03:00 PM
I have a Covers4kids cover and couldn't be happier with it! IMO, it has plenty of padding. When my DD was smaller and tipsier, I just used a blanket around her to secure her a little more. Our belt clicks, also, and works great. One reason I think that less padding can be good is that carts (and restaurant highchairs) come in all shapes and sizes, and too much padding can make it hard to use the cover on some shopping carts. I washed my cover for the first time yesterday, and it came out looking brand new, no lumps or fading at all. I would highly recommend Covers4kids!

Dscvrlifewith3
04-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Well, I just got back from the grocery and saw one of these cart covers and it was by sewcuteboutique. It was so adorable! The lady who bought it said she had a super experience with the owner and has bought several more as gifts!
I thought it was really neat that I saw this thread this morning and then got to see one of these covers in real life just today! I will definitely get one for the next baby!

Momof3Labs
04-11-2004, 09:33 PM
My covers4kids cover is probably a year old now, so she may have changed her design. I had no problems removing the belt, though it sounds like the newer ones click so changing them out isn't an issue.

hellokitty1
04-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Just got my sewcuteboutique cover and posted a review...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=5656&mesg_id=5656&page=

HTH.

liya
04-12-2004, 01:13 AM
Well yk my vote is for Cathy at Sewcuteboutique :) LOL...I cant get tiered of recomending this shopping cart cover its outstanding...And its got all the excess accesories without the extra pay :)...