PDA

View Full Version : Review of SEWCUTEBOUTIQUE cart cover

hellokitty1
04-12-2004, 12:40 AM
So I got my cover Monday but had to wait til this weekend to try it out. Thank goodness the weekend started Friday!

It is AWESOME. Here are the details of what I got. I got the Hello Kitty print on one side but rather than get the complimentary fabric on reverse, I opted to get a second fabric for a boy just in case in the future. When I first got it, I had doubts though bc the way I imagined using it, I thought that both sides would show and then clash since they look nothing alike. But when I finally used it for the first time, I realized that only one side really shows.

As far as bulkiness of the batting, which was my main concern, Cathy told me she was making them with 10 oz batting but could use something else if I preferred. I wasn't able to get to the fabric store to see how thick 10oz batting was but I called the local store and the girl said it was like an inch thick (I think). Anyway, I trusted Cathy and asked her to go with something about half the thickness of 10 oz. I don't know ultimately what she used but it is just fine with me.

The pillow is very cute but it is in her crib now. I just can't fathom having to keep up with another "object" while we're out. I'll have to start checking inventory b4 we leave anywhere to make sure I have everything. But there is a tag on the pillow that you can loop through the strap. But other than that, I don't know how else to keep the pillow attached with the cover itself.

I used it on several shopping carts and high chairs and the fit is great. I even used it on those plastic rolling high chairs that have a higher back on them and it fit well on it too. And it's great in the wash. I threw it in with her other clothes in cold/cold and tumbled dry low and it came out unscathed. And the fabric quality is very good, very soft.

Needless to say, we got some stares and one comment asking where I got it from. I am a neat freak/germ freak and I never thought about a shopping cart cover til lately and I am so glad I did. Now I don't have to stress out about putting Sydney in a cart or high chair since it's all covered up.

HTH's someone that might be considering getting one. Regardless of who you buy it from, conceptually, the product is great.

liya
04-12-2004, 01:15 AM
Im so glad you like it..ENJOY!! Im getting another one for my sister LOL this will be the 4th one we purchase from Cathy(they make great gifts..LOL)

papal
04-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the review!! I emailed Cathy yesterday and am going to be ordering one. I just have a hard time deciding on fabrics!!!

SASM
04-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Can you use the pocket for mommy stuff or do you think that the contents will be all over the place? I am thinking for a small wallet, keys, and a snack bag?

hellokitty1
04-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Sharyn-

Not sure who you're asking since I didn't mention the side pocket but...it is more than large enough for the large avent sippy cup. The pocket is pleated to it explands some. I think you could fit keys and a samll wallet. I don't know about the snack bag too. But if you had your kets on one of those climbing rope rings, you could hook it on the loops.

Again, not sure who you're asking but HTH.

BabyBoo
04-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone that has bought this cover.

I checked her website and the price is $32.99 plus shipping now, so I can't get it for $29.99 anymore right? It's only a few bucks but if I can save some money why not right? I also have more questions is it extra money to get it reversible with a different fabric? and does the other side show through making it kind of pointless to bother getting it reversible?

Thanks!

hellokitty1
04-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Just went to her website and looks like she did raise her price from 28.99 to 32.99. Well, that's not cool. Maybe you could tell her all the business she's gotten off BB and great her 28.99 price is. She should be apprecaiative of us on BBB. Or consider a co-op.

I got Hello Kitty (#3116) on one side and a totally different fabric (#2652 - Jungle Print)on the other in case I have a boy later and I paid extra - $6 to be exact. Warning though, the reverse side does not come with a pocket and loops. I'm sure she'd do it but it would be extra.

I initially thought what you thought - that the reverse side would show through. But it doesn't so I'm glad I got the reverse side in a different fabric.

But if you're trying to save money, she does do the reverse in a matching fabric or a solid color. So if you pick a fabric that has "opposite-gender" color, you can pick a solid color that meets your need without paying extra for another fabric choice. I couldn't do it bc all the colors in mine were pink or some other girly color. Does that make sense?

HTH.

toomanystrollers
04-14-2004, 09:22 PM
We just got our cover from Cathy about a 1 1/2 weeks ago - love it too :) Thanks Linda for the heads up!

mommy926
04-15-2004, 12:23 AM
Could someone Please post the website to order a cover. I have been searching Ebay lately trying to find one that looks good.

Thanks!

mommy926
04-15-2004, 12:45 AM
I just read up on some old posts. I will keep checking out Ebay. Thanks

BabyBoo
04-15-2004, 12:51 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure if I want to pay extra for the different print then ($6) especially since the price has gone up. I doubt she will lower the price just because I saw it on the board here. I'm not sure if I'm even going to ask....I would feel alittle weird doing so.

You're a great help:)

BTW, the website is: http://home.earthlink.net/~fltvgirl/

hellokitty1
04-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Don't bother seaching for her on Ebay. She lists the price slightly lower (a few bucks) on Ebay but by the time the bid ends, the price is higher than what she sells off her site. Of course, if it's lower on Ebay, you can bid but just make sure you stop by the time the proces reaches her normal sale price. So just go to her site and look and you can email her with what questions or what you want. When you are actually ready to pay, she lists it on Ebay with an option to "Buy It Now". She'll give you the "BIN" number and you just go to Ebay to purchase.

Her website is listed a few posts above this one.

HTH. Just want to make sure you and others don't think you have to go through a bidding war on Ebay to get one. I think when she's got orders in separate from Ebay, she doesn't post an item but when she doesn't have orders, she'll post a few items on Ebay.

mommy926
04-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Thank You!

I e-mailed her and let her know that I was very interested in purchasing one of her bags. She let me know that she is in the process of purchasing new fabrics and will have them listed next week. I can't wait to purchase one!

sirensrise
04-15-2004, 09:04 PM
hi, can someone post the web address? thanks

hellokitty1
04-16-2004, 11:27 AM
>hi, can someone post the web address? thanks

http://home.earthlink.net/~fltvgirl/

hobey
04-23-2004, 12:49 PM
I also e-mailed her and requested a custom cover since I wasn't enthralled with her fabric choices but I like all the bells & whistles on this product for the price. She agreed to make a cover for me in the fabric of my choice for $24 + shipping. So I ordered some fabric from thecottonshop.net (thanks to Rashmi for the link) and had it shipped directly to Cathy. I can't wait for my cover to be completed.

For those who are interested in the details, I chose the following fabric and requested a black reverse side.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4881.jpg

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

houseof3boys
04-23-2004, 02:22 PM
Raquel - How much fabric do you need for the cover?

TIA

papal
04-23-2004, 02:23 PM
1.5 yards.

papal
04-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Raquel, that is beautiful!! Gosh, there are so many darn choices.... i know yours will be beautiful!! Post pics when it is done!!

toomanystrollers
04-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Not Raquel :) but if my memory serves me (LOL), I think Cathy told me 1 1/2 yds (45" wide). Better double check w/her - I already deleted her email.

hobey
04-23-2004, 02:39 PM
1.5 yards, 45" wide. Cathy also requests that it is 100% cotton.

I'll post pix when I get it and use it for the first time. Nathan just mastered head control but has to be propped to sit but the cover is so cushy that he could possibly recline comfortably. We'll see....

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

m448
04-23-2004, 07:01 PM
We also have one (just received it last week) and already took it for a test drive (pics at the bottom). I fell in love with the l'il cowpoke fabric so I told her to go ahead and use that.

The first pic is on a large warehouse club cart and the second is a standard size cart.

http://img11.photobucket.com/albums/v34/marielle448/DSC01696.jpg

http://img11.photobucket.com/albums/v34/marielle448/DSC01697.jpg

papal
04-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Gorgeous!!! Gosh, your son is riding like a prince! Bet all the other babies were jealous! :)
Love the fabric!

houseof3boys
04-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks so much for the pics! I appreciate it. :)

toomanystrollers
04-24-2004, 07:12 AM
I love that Michael Miller cowboy print - I almost did the cowgirls for Neve :)

todzwife
04-25-2004, 04:09 PM
I have that same print! LOL! I love it!

holliam
04-26-2004, 08:22 PM
I just ordered one, and Cathy's been so helpful and quick to get back to me.

I'm ordering one for DH. :) He's going to be our stay-at-home Dad. I am doing a custom fabric that I ordered, and Cathy is going to add a plain plum or purple fabric to the reverse side:

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=788642619283678 86&Store_id=460&page_id=23&Item_ID=2090

Holli

papal
04-26-2004, 08:29 PM
That is going to be TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!! You must post pics Holli!!!

jec2
04-26-2004, 08:45 PM
What cute fabric. Perfect for taking to the market :)

kelle1996
04-26-2004, 10:36 PM
I got the lil' cowpokes print too, and I love it! It's so cute for a girl or a boy. I heard she was getting the lil' cowgirls too, which is also very cute.