PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the Un-diaper bag from babystyle?

miki
04-12-2004, 12:03 PM
I was going to get a tote from the WW co-op but now I can get an Un-diaper bag for free. And free is free so if anyone who has one or who has looked at one can tell me what they think of it, I'd appreciate it.

cchavez
04-12-2004, 03:09 PM
I did a search not too long ago and a reviewer said the bag was too flimsy but for free. Hey why not try it! Which one are you getting? I love the striped one!

boys2enough
04-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Hi, since it is free, you should definitely get it, then if you don't like it, you could always offer it on Diaper bag swap, eBay, or give it to somebody else as a gift.

I had the Moca Stripe one and sold it on eBay. I got it when BabyStyle was having a clearance sale on that pattern. I was disappointed when I received the bag. Although I got it for $26, the regular price was almost $60, and for that price, I expected the bag to be of much better quality. The following is just MHO, so if anyone here has the bag and likes it, please don't be offened....

The zippers don't work well, not smooth at all, feel cheaper than those on the free Similac bag you get in the hospital. Esp. the one on the bottom compartment kept on getting caught. Just bad quality zippers. The leather trim is of poor quality also. I actually wondered whether it was really leather at all. In addition, when I received the bag it was all crunched up and squashed, so it looked like nothing on their website. I wondered whether people who'd paid full price for that bag got really upset when they received the bag.

The stripes are really cute though. But all in all, I would not recommend this bag. However, if you are getting it for free, you should definitely get it. Do a search on eBay and see how much it is going for now. You could always sell it and get something you like better. HTH. Lin

miki
04-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Y'know, I never even thought of unloading a bag I didn't like on eBay or the swap group. I'm such a packrat. Thanks for the idea. I'm leaning towards the Fresh Stripe one since I do already have that freebie Similac bag for my all black one.

boys2enough
04-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Hi, just want to make sure that you didn't think I was saying that the Similac one is cheap. I actually think they have very good strong zippers. (The ones from Enfamil are nice too). Just making a point since the $60 bag is supposed to be nicer than a freebie, but it is not in reality. Just want to make sure that you are not offended or anything. :) By the way, I've only seen the yellow/blue with bears from Similac and the Peter Rabbit ones from Enfamil. I'd have kept a black bag if offered. It is very smart for Similac to realize that, "Hey, maybe these moms don't need any more cutesy stuff to remind them that they are now permanently attached to a baby!" lol. Cheers, Lin

miki
04-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Lin--Don't worry. I was not in any way offended.