PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here needs help: Kelty Diaper Daypack - new model? What's the deal?

ChrEliz
04-13-2004, 04:50 PM
My MIL gave me a Kelty diaper daypack for my birthday, yay! But it doesn't look like the photo you see on the web. Instead of the red climbing rope carry handles on top, it's got black "strap" (just like the fabric used in the straps) handles.

Is this a new model? An old model? What's the deal?

I am not sure if I should start using this one or if I should go find the other version to compare, first, and then decide which I like. I might exchange it for the one with the climbing rope handles, I really liked the look of that one. Plus, I think this one might be made of thinner/less rugged material.

Anyone here have a Kelty or know about these two different styles?

Christine

myllam
04-20-2004, 04:10 AM
Hi,

Hope this isn't too late, but I think the one you have is the pre 2002 model of the kelty diaper backpack. I have one that is the webbing handle on top and that is when I got mine. I don't use mine much (only for major excursions - i.e. yosemite, flights), but I love it when I do use it.

I'm not sure what the actual differences are between the older and newer model, but if you plan to attach this to a kelty child carrier, then the bag you have will only work with pre-2002 Kelty models.

HTH,

Monica