PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Ameribag tote attached to MBUS

Jsher
04-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Here are the photos. I got the yellow and red hooks at BRU. The Carbiners are different colors because DH took my matching ones with him overseas.

This is my first post with attachments, so I am unsure what size to make them to include several at one time.

I will post the P3 seperately, along with the Nalgene water bottle as requested

Jodi

papal
04-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Jodi, thanks so much for the pictures! Very sweet of you to take the time to post them.
I have a question. In pictures 1 and 2, you are not using the caribiner-thingys right? Only in picture 3. I have never seen/used caribiners before.. what is the advantage of using them versus not using them?? And also, where did you get them? I would love to hang my bag like this on my MBUS. Right now it hangs on the stroller hooks which are on the black part of the handle.. so the bag is kinda in the way.

Jsher
04-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Hi!

In those pictures, I show the bag attached via the stroller swivel hooks from BRU. A package ran me around $4. I keep these hooks on the handle at all times. I wish they were a different color, but I am sure the maker wants people to notice them.

The advantages to using the carabiners is that the bag is secure. The clip when closed is a...closed oval. There is no way to knock the bag off, unless you accidentally open the "trip" clip.

The hooks allow for quicker removal, and also it is possible to dislodge the bag from the hooks.

On the MBUS, the hooks used to attach via the plastic bag hook make the bag closer to the handle. Via the carabiners, the bag rests lower. Also I couldn't find carabiners with a big enough opening to fit around the handle. ALso, metal on metal would scratch.

It depends on your preferences, length of your trip, and type of stroller which you use.

On my p3 today, I attached via the carabiners I keep always on the bag. If I had Sheila, the MBUS, I probably would hook on with the stroller hooks, or maybe not :)

I got the hooks at Target in the camping section, and at home depot. I jsut got back with massive carabiners! These suckers will hold 150 pounds.!

I am a little confused about how you attach your bag. YOur MBUS has hooks on the handle?

Jodi

papal
04-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Jodi,
I have the same stroller hooks that you have (i agree, ugly colors!). I use the wider hook portion (the yellow part) and hook it onto the black (rubber?) portion of the MBUS handle. Then i hang my tote on both these hooks... does that make sense? But the hook is too wide so they keep slipping down the handle. But i like your idea of putting the narrower hook portion (the red/blue hooks) onto the metal part of the stroller handle.. did not think of that.. and i will definitely be getting the caribiner thingys too...great idea. Oh, and sheila is quite a beauty! :)