PDA

View Full Version : Ameribag tote on a P3

Jsher
04-13-2004, 05:27 PM
I have include my 4 year old on the footboard to show how the bag works in those cases

Jodi

redhookmom
04-13-2004, 06:04 PM
What a cooperative model you have!

So you use the plastic hooks with the MB so the diaper won't slide around?

Jsher
04-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Yep. The carbiners (sp ?) were too narrow in the opening to fit around the handle. Also, I didn't want the metal on metal scratching my precious stroller. The plastic hooks fit very tightly on the handle, making it easy just to keep them on there.

Thanks, the "model" is sometimes helpful that way. she calls the stroller "Lulu" and I call the MBUS "Sheila"

Jodi

khakismom
04-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Ingenious! And I love the ocean color of the bag. My interest has been picqued by all the great reviews. Thanks!!

And Lulu and Sheila--so cute!! :)

RiaHannam
04-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Jodi,
Thanks so much for the pictures! What size Avent bottle is in the pocket - 4 or 9 oz?

Also I'm not familiar with those plastic hooks on the stroller... is that an item for a P3 specifically or is it for other umbrella type strollers also?
I might be getting a Zooper Z-street soon and am wondering if it will work on that.

Jsher
04-14-2004, 08:40 AM
I am glad you like the pictures. I took as per your request :) That is a 9 oz avent bottle. The plastic hooks are generic stroller swivel hooks from BRU on the MBUS. I think I just showed the bag clipped to the P3 with carbiners. You could use the hooks, but the bag would hang lower. Also, the hooks maybe knocked out the the holes, as they wouldn't fit tightly on the P3.

The carbiners hooked the bag to the p3 so securely, I didn't bother with the hooks.

Either hooks or carbiners would work. None are unique to umbrella strollers.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Jodi

Mikesa3
04-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the pictures.I really like the looks/style of this bag but the pictures helped me to see that this is too large for me.:-( I wonder if they will make a smaller one like it someday.Thanks for showing your daughter too.I've been wanting to see pics of the P3 footboard being used.I hope to buy the P3 in the near future.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

parkersmama
04-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Is THAT what those little loops/hooks on the P3 are for??? I've been wondering! :) Thanks for solving the mystery. Now...I need to find a good diaper bag to use on them for our Disney trip which is fast approaching.

Jsher
04-14-2004, 10:05 PM
I had a Venezia for 4 years before I figured out what the hooks were for! Peg wants $70-$90 for their diaper bag to attach. Someone else on the board (mamakath?) was using them, and it just seemed like a frugal option.

I have never seen anyone else attach bags to strollers this way until I read about it.

Works better than the skip hop!

Jodi

parkersmama
04-15-2004, 01:44 AM
After your rave, I'm seriously considering buying the Ameribag tote. I guess I'd get red because my P3 is red. I think it would make a great Disney bag (especially since we'll be using disposables at WDW!) since it's a bit more rugged than my fabric bags. Do you know if the red bag also has a light interior? I don't want to live with the black hole effect! :)

ETA: I see from the pic of the red one on ebags that it does have the light gray interior! Yea!