PDA

View Full Version : OPINIONS ON LOOM MARSUPIAL BAG NEEDED!!!

lilarkk
04-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Hello!

I'm expecting my 3rd child in July and have always purchased a new diaper bag for each child. In the past I've had a Kate Spade (which was very hard to find things in) and a Nicole Miller. I've been looking at the Loom Marsupial and wanted to know if it's worth it. I've looked at the Fleurville Mothership but that was entirely too huge to carry on a regular basis. How does the Loom compare in size and it's compartments? Could the side pockets hold an AVENT bottle? I've seen they are coming out with a diaper bag/backpack called the Bandicoot that has a detachable clutch. This sort of interests me, the only drawback is that it seems there is only one interior compartment.

If anyone has any advice on this I would really appreciate it. Or if there is another brand you recommend, I will take anything right now. I just want something that doesn't look too bulky or frumpy.

Thanks. :D

papal
04-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Hello! Congratulations on #3 on the way!
If you do a search for LOOM in this forum, you will get a lot of hits.. some great reviews and comparisions and pictures!

jasabo
04-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Like Rashmi said, there are a ton of posts on this topic from the past month or two. I ordered a Marsupial but returned it because I didn't like it (you'll see my post explaining why if you do a Loom search). But there are a lot of people who like it. There are photos and comparisons in the old posts too.

Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

Chelsey333
04-14-2004, 01:29 PM
I have a Kate Spade medium bag and I have a hard time finding stuff too. So I got the marsupial in black. At first I didn't love it, but once I packed it up, I did like it a lot. It has great pockets in the inside and helps to keep me organized. You can definitely fit an Avent bottle. I have been putting a sippy cup in it, but the outside pockets are pretty big. I feel it looks bulkier than my KS bag, but it feels so much lighter. My KS bag can be almost empty and still feel heavier than the Loom loaded with stuff.

lmariana
04-14-2004, 01:36 PM
I have both the Mothership and the Marsupial. The Mothership is WAY bigger, I'd say almost twice the capacity of the Loom.

The Loom is shorter, about the same width, longer strap, and has a more structured exterior. Like the Mothership, it has three exterior pockets...2 side and one big back one. The side pockets on the Loom are contured to hold sippy cups/bottles and have an open top, unlike the Mothership's which are long and thin with a velcro closure. I can fit one of those large Eddie Bauer water bottle from Target in there for me. It also has 4 metal feet, like the Mothership.

The interior organization though, is just about identical. One long pocket for wipes, smaller pocket for teethers, key holder, insulated bottle holder(Loom's has a drawstring closure), another side pocket inside (Loom's has a closed bottom so nothing escapes), and a big rear pocket inside for the changing pad etc. The Loom's interior Nylon is a little nicer than the Mothership's, in my opinion. The changing pad also takes up a lot less space and has a one-handed fold. The Marsupial also has nice contrasting interior colors which I prefer. I like the close on the Marsupial's flap better than the Mothership. It has two good magnets, covered in fabric which will close the bag without any guidance.

I'm attaching a picture comparing the interiors of the two bags, but I'll try to take some pictures of the exterior for you!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4525.jpg

Hope this helps!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

sbjf
04-14-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm loving mine! I think it looks very stylish and not bulky. I can fit an Advent bottle in the exterior pockets easily.

I love that it is so sturdy and durable while remaining stylish. The other day in a public ladies room I got water on the Marsupial while washing my hands and I was so happy that I didn't have to worry about damaging the material at all.

It stays firmly on my shoulder, too.

I'd go for it again!

Edited to add:

Here's a pic of me wearing it. Ignore my 'stunned' expression...dh was making fun of me for having him take a pic of me with my diaper bag and I was trying to get a straight face back on!

lilarkk
04-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to all who replied on this, especially those who attached pictures. It's so hard to get an accurate look at the LOOM with the website. AND...they don't show you a picture of the interior. So thank you again.

I am probably going to purchase the Marsupial and then the Bandicoot later, since this will give me some variety. I'm new to this forum, so any help with co-ops and how they work would be very helpful.

Thanks again.

Heather :)