PDA

View Full Version : A timbuk2 question

lstef plus2
04-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Just received my peewee timbuk2 in the plum/silver/gray color combination. I added the center divider, strap pad and strap pouch as my extras.

I have not yet filled it up, so I can not give an actual use review, but so far I think it may work. The interior is bigger then I expected, and I am glad to have gotten the center divider. I am planning to use this bag as my summmer work horse bag since I tend to be rougher on bags during the summer--I tend to place and throw the bags without thinking and then getting upset afterwards.

So, my question....On the main strap there is an extra strap with velcro with one end attached to the main strap and the oter clipped onto one of the clips on the bottom of the bag. How exactly do you use this and is it necessary to use it. I usually wear my bags on my left shoulder, so if I were to wear this bag messanger style I believe that I would drape it from my right side to left..or if I were to wear it pocketbook style I would have it on my left shoulder.

I know it is a confusing question, but I hope that those of you who have the bag will understand it and provide an answer for me....

jasabo
04-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Hi Lisa,
I may be wrong, but it sounds like what someone else described as a bag stabilizer - it keeps the bag close to your body so it doesn't swing around. I think I remember someone posting that they emailed T2 with this question and that's what they said. I may be wrong though. The post was recently - within the past month or two, so you could probably find it pretty easily.

I'm trying to chose colors for a T2 right now, and am debating between the small and medium size. Do you think you could post a list of what you fit in your small? And/or post a picture if that's possible? I'm leaning toward the medium since I'm packing for 2 kids, but I don't want something huge. I like the look of the Metro, but that looks pretty small. I think they described the medium as fitting 4 six-packs (love that description!). Is the small about a 2 six-packer?

TIA!

Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

Melanie
04-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Have you done a search on the boards? I think someone did get a medium and found it to be huge...

Melanie
04-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Any chance you can post a photo? I've played with their site so many times, but I can never decide to commit to a color.

lstef plus2
04-14-2004, 06:54 PM
I will try to post pictures tonight. Confession time--this was my birthday present from Father in-law. I did the custom bag and also was not sure of the size, so I was told that I could buy the two. So I did the custom peewee bag, but for the medium I was just cinfussing myself with the colors, so I just ordered the standard orange neon (limited edition black bag with the neon inside lining and outside stiches) to use as my beach and pool bag.

Much more room in the medium, even was able to fit the freebee 2 bottle insulated pouch with room to spare for all the other essentials...But, a plus for the custom made one is the center divider--just a little easier to stay organized. But, for my use the medium w/o should be that much of a pain...

hope to get the pictures posted later....

mamahill
04-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Sorry - I haven't been checking in (part of my new goal to cut back on shopping), but here's the thread where I posted about the straps - it's the 5th reply from the bottom...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=2771&mode=full