PDA

View Full Version : Petunia Picklebottom - anyone try to Scotchgard it?

supersparkee
04-14-2004, 02:21 PM
I just got my PP Shrimp Roll Boxy Backpack from UrbanMonster yesterday (from the co-op order). It's beautiful! I am a little worried about getting it dirty and wanted to try to Scotchgard it. However, my can of Scotchgard says "do not use on dry clean only fabrics". I did a small patch test on the bottom of the bag and it didn't cause discoloration or bleeding but I'm still reluctant to try spraying the whole bag. I did SG my Ella bag with success but it's all cotton.

Has anyone tried to Scotchgard their PP bag?

Chelsey333
04-14-2004, 02:56 PM
I don't have a PP bag, but I read on their website that they don't recommend you to do that. This is what their response is:

While Scotch Guard does work to repel liquids that are damaging to the fabric, it is not non-toxic and therefore we do not recommend its use. On some fabrics it does have a ripple effect when applied.

How do you like your new bag? I would love to see pictures of the inside and outside if you have time to post them. I am waiting for an ISM bag to arrive, but I still have some bday money left to entertain the idea of a pp bag.

Dscvrlifewith3
04-14-2004, 03:02 PM
I want to say that most the fabrics used to make the PP bags are made with a stain resister from the manufacturer. Spraying scotchguard on a brocade may make it look weathered and shrivel. :( Then you would be soooo sad.

jkabopenguins
04-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Hi There,
I was talking with a woman on another chat board who did indeed Scotchguard her PP Cucumber Roll. She said it turned out perfectly. She held the can about 12 inches away. She sprayed the whole bag, waited 2 days and sprayed it again. I got my Cucumber Roll a few weeks ago (baby isn't due until June so I can't use it yet). I do plan on doing the Scotchguard thing. Maybe someone else will post who has tried it. Take care!
--Jen :)