PDA

View Full Version : Received my WW bag today!!!

c2lane
04-14-2004, 09:03 PM
It's beautiful. It's so well made, quality workmanship. Kim takes tremendous pride in the work she does and rightly so she does beautiful work! She's also very sweet and easy to work with. I'm ready to order another one!

The pictures do not do this bag justice. I have it packed and ready to use, I can't wait!

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b376c6bde489

~Carrie
mommy to Dillan Rose 01/02/04

laurajaney
04-14-2004, 09:40 PM
It's beautiful, Carrie. Enjoy!
Just wondering which style bag you got. (I just ordered a backpack today, but I was really considering a tote as well.)

Laura :-)

LBW
04-14-2004, 10:09 PM
It's really lovely and exactly what I wanted. I chose the Roman Glass fabric in the stone color. The interior is khaki and there's a matching khaki ribbon trim. The base of the bag is a medium denim. If anyone wants pictures of any detail of the bag, please let me know.

I chose the Katie bucket tote size (13"x11"). I have an 18-month old and I wanted a bag for short trips. I asked for longer straps (Kim and I decided on 30-inch) because I'm tall and I really hate it when the straps are too short on a bag. I love that the straps on this bag are the perfect length!

There are three large pockets and two smaller pockets. All of the pockets are nice and deep. I didn't ask for elastic on any of them. One of the large pockets is my "mommy" pocket. It has velcro at the top. The diapers you see in the piccture are size 5 Pampers and they fit perfectly in the other two large pockets. Kim said a wipes case will also fit in one of the large pockets, but I haven't tried mine yet.

One of the smaller pockets is for a sippy cup -- the one in the photo is a tall, insulated Playtex cup and it, too, fits perfectly. The other small pocket is for my cell phone.

This is a "small" tote, but I'm really surprised at all of the room in it. I haven't packed it yet -- I only put a few items in it for the sake of these pictures -- but it will hold more than I thought it would. The main area of the bag will hold my wallet, a couple of books, small toys, and plenty of snacks to keep my toddler occupied.

The bag is very well made. It's not too stiff, but it holds its shape and stands on its own. The seams are all very tight and neat. I really like the button/loop closure. The loop is long enough to make it very easy to close.

I have another larger bag on order -- the 3 Peas in a Pod tote in an Amy Butler Temple Flowers fabric combo. I'll post pics and a review of that one when it comes in.

Thanks, Kim!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4545.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4546.jpg

parkersmama
04-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Argh!! These beautiful bags are making me rethink my decision to forgo the WW co-op! What to do, what to do. I'm hoping my Marsupial arrives soon so that I can decide if I want to keep it and that'll help me decide on the WW bags. Maybe I should choose a WW bag for fall? :) Thinking ahead!

lmladuke
04-15-2004, 07:44 AM
The fabric is so pretty!!!!! I love stripes and contemplated the pink stripe like on the Ella website - but then decided on the nova check. I also thought I wanted a backpack but now I see your tote and...well, I could STILL order one of each :)

Seriously though, it is really a beautiful bag. I am sure you will get so many compliments.

Question - did you get vinyl backing on the changing pad?

Lori

Chelsey333
04-15-2004, 09:01 AM
I love your bag, can I ask what the striped fabric is? I love the green gingham inside, very pretty.

c2lane
04-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally I ordered the Elizabeth but went with the Signature bag (16"x13") after talking with Kim. The changing pad is waterproof, which was extra but will be worth it -- it's a great size too. I believe the backing is the same material as the lap pads you can purchase at BRU.

The material is by Michael Miller "Colorband Stripe Pink".

I am so pleased with this bag that I'm planning on ordering another one.

~Carrie

c2lane
04-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Beautiful!
I'm planning on ordering another one too & may go with the Katie bucket. I really like the velcro closure on the mommy pocket!
~Carrie

jasabo
04-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Both bags are beautiful!! I love the fabrics you both chose.

Kim called me yesterday and told me she's mailing mine this week - seeing your pictures has gotten me even more excited about receiving mine!

The velcro on the "mommy pocket" is a great idea.

Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

boys2enough
04-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Both of the bags shown here are gorgeous! I can see why Kim take such pride in her works. I think they are totally worth the wait! Enjoy your bags! Lin

quikeye
04-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Hi Carrie! Any chance of taking a pic of you holding your bag? :) I ordered the signature as well, but am still thinking I should have ordered the elizabeth or smaller (I'm not a "big" bag person)... And I love the piping detail on the bottom of your bag, and the changing pad! I think I may have to order a changing pad now... :) Thanks for the pics!

murpheyblue
04-15-2004, 04:56 PM
You're bag looks great!! I'm so excited to get mine now. I have the pastel colorband as the bottom of one of my bags.

Ali
Mom to Megan 9-28-03

Eloise36
04-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Wow, your bag is beautiful!! Kim really does beautiful work. Now I can't wait to get mine. I ordered a signature tote with the following fabrics :)

c2lane
04-15-2004, 05:46 PM
I'll try to get a picture taken and posted. I have to admit, I was a little concerned the Signature bag would be too big since I'm not a big bag person either but it definitely doesn't feel too big.

I almost didn't order the changing pad but I'm so glad I did. The ribbon is attached to the end of the pad which is a great touch too!

~Carrie

stillplayswithbarbies
04-15-2004, 07:52 PM
I almost got that fabric! I can't wait to see pics of your bag.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Eloise36
04-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Cool! I will post pictures of my bag when I receive it :) The exterior of the bag will consist of the floral print, a piping made of the plaid material and a base of solid green fabric. Kim will use the plaid material for the bag interior and pockets. Hope it won't look too "busy", but I trust Kim. She has been so great to work with, and she has really helped me design the bag. I know it will turn out to be a beautiful bag because Kim made it.

tigalig
04-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Carrie, I almost got that fabric on my backpack (but DH said there was too much pink). :-( I love it and your bag. What a great combination.

Ida