PDA

View Full Version : Could I justify a new T2 and a new WW?? Help!

kkb99
04-16-2004, 01:34 AM
I am all set to order a T2 peewee, just held up on a few minor details (mainly now ballistic vs cordura). But now, as I see these reviews and pics of the WW bags, I am so torn! The WW bags are so beautiful and the reviews are so good and its so neat to have it made just for me. I usually like to have one bag that I use, so then I know all my stuff (wallet, phone, keys) are in it. So I am trying to concieve of a reason that I would need two really nice bags like these!! It has taken me over a month of thinking seriously about the T2 to make the plunge, and I am very excited about that bag and don't really want to not get it at this point, in order to get a WW. I figure all you bag lovers out there would be good enablers to help me justify 2 bags!

Kristen

mattysmom
04-16-2004, 08:28 AM
I bought a Skip Hop last month and ordered a WW this month, so I can't justify a T2 now, but I'm thinking I'll wait on the T2 and get it for the winter (I live in Boston and the T2 seems like a perfect tough, winter bag for the terrible weather). And, there are so many nice spring/summer fabrics to choose from! But, I have a feeling I'm going to love my WW bag and want to order another one for the fall! Sorry I didn't really answer your question, but I've justified a new Skip Hop and WW (for now)!

parkersmama
04-16-2004, 09:17 AM
I usually feel that bags of different sizes can be justified. :) I have a small, bucket style bag monogrammed with my baby's name to take to the church nursery. All that goes in it are a few disposable dipes, wipes, a paci, a sippy, and some snacks. Then I have a larger bag that is for me to use when I'm out & about. It holds cloth dipes & covers, wipes, toys, snacks, sippy, toys for older kids, diaper cream, place for my stuff...cell phone, keys, lipstick, wallet. I also often have one more bag that is specifically for going in at a place where all we need is toys and snacks (like a restaurant).

I'm in the same boat as you are, though. I just got a Vera Bradley carry all which I really like (and it's too late to return!) that I'm using as my main bag. I have a Marsupial on order (the robin's egg blue) from diaperbags.com that hasn't come yet. I'm thinking of ordering an Ameribag tote from ebags.com to take to Disney in May. And I'd love to get a WW bag! Oops! Just a few too many! LOL! So, my newest solution is that I will review the necessity of the Marsupial when it arrives (not certain that I will like it) and I will order a WW bag to be used in the fall! Now, just gotta dig up some fabrics that I think will be usuable for fall. Wonder how hard that will be right now??

lstef plus2
04-16-2004, 09:59 AM
O.K., I am in the same boat as you. I ordered and just received my peewee T2, and I like it a lot. I feel that it is a tough bag that could take some punishment, but I also am thinking about the WW bags. So I too am confused and if I do order the WW bag, do I get a summer or fall fabric....Oh the choices we have to make.

I would get the bigger size WW bag, due to the fact I have a large I'm still me tote which I wish it was bigger....

jasabo
04-16-2004, 12:13 PM
I'm also getting ready to order a T2, as soon as I narrow down my colors...I'm terrible at making decisions. I ordered an Ella about 2 months ago, which I love and have been using every day. I have the fashion girls print, which I still really like, but it does get a little boring after a while, looking at the same print. So I decided to get a WW bag too, because it was such a great deal and Kim seemed to be really committed to quality (there were a few workmanship things about the Ella I wasn't crazy about). So that's my rationalization for the WW. I'm actually going to order a backpack from her too (I ordered a tote first). All this in addition to the T2!! Yikes! But they're all great for different circumstances. I'll use the T2 for the gym and outside outings like the zoo, park, etc. And the WW's and Ella I'll use for the mall, grocery store, etc. And really, if you think about it, it's more responsible to have more then one bag because you can alternate and not wear out one bag from using it all the time. :)

Believe me, I can rationalize buying just about anything if I think hard enough about it :)

Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

kkb99
04-16-2004, 10:13 PM
So since you just received your T2 peewee and are thinking about a WW, maybe you can help me with the WW sizes!! I was thinking if they were different sizes, maybe I'd use them differently. Is the Peewee what I would use every day, or for an all day outing like to the zoo (went today, and really wished I had the T2!)?? Basically, should I be thinking of the biggest WW bags or the smallest?

The other thing I'm thinking- the T2 and the WW are so cool, right now I am feeling like whichever one I get, I'd want to be carrying it all the time! I obviously can't carry 2 at once, hence maybe getting 2 would mean one would mostly stay in the closet and make me feel guilty. The reason I debate this so much is I have a real problem with spending money- not with something that I really feel was worth it (like really do use it), but if it was something I did not use much, I would beat myself up about it.

Mamahill and others- do you use the peewee as your every day bag?

Thanks so much you guys for humoring me!!
Kristen

Dscvrlifewith3
04-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Lisa,

Check your email. There is a surprise in there! :)

lstef plus2
04-18-2004, 01:34 PM
I got to use the peewee T2 yesterdayand used it at a nearby fair. It worked great.

I tend to pack a little extra, so I would not have any trouble in using the peewee as my everyday bag. But for longer outings, I think that either the medium sized T2 or a bigger WW would be better. This way with the extra room, I could carry extra snacks, extra juice boxes to re-fill sippy cups, and other extras that are needed for a longer outing.

I do have the peewee and my husband just got the medium sized t2 as a work for his newspapers and files. When he saw the peewee he said it was going to be too small for his needs, but the medium was more his size. I have pictures hopfully I can attach here or later when DH gets home...