PDA

View Full Version : Prettiest PP toddler tote color???

cchavez
04-16-2004, 11:07 AM
I have always liked the shrimp roll but is it too pink? I have only seen a PP backpack once IRL and I know it wasn't the shrimp roll. What color do you recommend? Just toying w/ the idea of getting this as a mothers day present. Also, I am pretty casual in my dress, esp in the Summer would the PP toddler tote be too dressy??? tia

emmiem
04-16-2004, 02:39 PM
I wear mine with everything. Today, we were at the park wearing khacki pants and a tee and I had the Land of the Lost print. When I wear black, I use the Jaguar one. I am also thinking of another color. I don't like the pom poms, otherwise I would get the mango or wasabi roll. I will probably get the avocado.
Michele

jk3
04-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Mango, Wasabi or Cucumber-all so beautiful. I would get the mango but I think DH will evict me if another bag turns up in this house!

myllam
04-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Hi,

I'm not a pink lover (when I was little, my mom wanted my room to be pink, I wanted it blue, so it ended up green :), but I absolutely fell in love with the shrimp roll fabric when I saw it at the Babystyle store in my area. Somehow the different shades of pink blended so beautifully together.

With that said, I had actually won a shrimp roll PPB toddler tote off of ebay and I was disappointed when I got it because the handle was ripped. The pom poms also made it look sort of used because they were fraying a little. The ebay seller was fantastic and refunded the money. She did say she got it directly from the factory (and I tend to believe her since she had a 100% rating with over 100 feedbacks).

So I guess if I go for another toddler tote I would go for one without the pom poms. In terms of the fabrics, I actually got to see all of them at a local baby store and they are all gorgeous. The avocado roll may be my first choice of the ones without pom poms. The spring roll is my favorite (a rich medium brown - not too dark), but it has pom poms on it. I wear jeans to work everyday, and I would consider carrying a Petunia just because it is a definite eye catcher.

The only other negative re: the bag is the lack of zippers on any of the pockets. I like to have 1 or 2 zippered pockets to hold my keys and my personal items (work badge, lip gloss, etc.) Velcro just doesn't seem to keep everything in its place as well...

Sorry for the long answer :), HTH,

suz
04-20-2004, 04:12 AM
Hi,
I've been wanting one off and on and finally purchased one tonight. It was between the avocado and the bam bam. I love the bam bam fabric (sky blue), but didn't know what to make of the pom poms. But, I found the bam-bam one on-line for 20% off and then an additional 10%. With the discount, I think I can live with the pom poms.

I believe their 10% off code, babycatalog8, is good for their other stuff too on www.brownson5th.com

Good luck with your decision!

emmiem
04-20-2004, 09:36 AM
I have no problems with anything falling out of the velcro pocket. In fact, nothing falls out of the other pockets either unless it is turned completely upside down.
Michele

cchavez
04-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Wow! Thanks for everyones feedback. It was very helpful!!!

myllam
04-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Hi,

That is good to know! I never actually got to use it in real life since I had to return it. I just tend to like the bags that I buy that have an outside zippered pockets. On the ones that don't have a zipper, my keys always seem to tumble out. (Also, I feel a little more secure with a zipper, but that is probably just paranoia on my part :).