PDA

View Full Version : EBM leaked in my new WW bag

c2lane
04-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Those darn Avent bottles! We went out to dinner last night so I proudly packed my new WW bag & included 4oz of EBM, I even put it in ziplock just in case. I was so careful keeping the bag upright but while we were waiting for a table I laid the bag in the infant carrier. Arghhhhhh! About 1 1/2 oz leaked. I spot cleaned it with cold water last night and have yet to check on it this morning as I've been busy with the baby. Guess I'll go see how it cleaned up!

~Carrie
mommy to Dillan Rose 01/02/04

Dscvrlifewith3
04-17-2004, 12:34 PM
I think you are pretty safe. LOL

Luckily it was EBM and not something more dangerous! :)

If it doesnt come out with spot cleaning, grab the bottom of the bag with your hand from the inside and pull the lining upwards out of the bag. Wash the portion needing to be washed with a mild detergent but use very little ( and don't just pour the water on so to speak either, use enough to dampen). A little goes a long way. Hang the bag upside down, allowing the liner to blow in the breeze so to speak, when it dries press it back down into the bag, matching corner to corner, (don't worry, your liner should be able to handle all this) and then press it with a dry or steam iron to get it back to that crisp look. Hopefully you are good at ironing <wink>

Kim

c2lane
04-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Well I pulled the lining up and spot cleaned again and I'm letting it dry. Looking at it this morning, it didn't look too bad or smell that bad either.
Thanks for the tip!
~Carrie
mommy to Dillan Rose 01/02/04