PDA

View Full Version : Beach Time : Any recs for a HUGE good beach bag?

etwahl
04-17-2004, 05:19 PM
anyone?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

sbjf
04-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Tammy, a few women here are using the Fleurville Mothership for the pool and beach and I think it's a great idea.

The bag is huge and all waterproof.

If you do a search for Mothership you'll find pics that Lmariana posted not too long ago comaring the Mothership to the Marsupial. It looks very nice, plenty of room yet stylish.

As a matter of fact, Right Start,http://www.rightstart.com has them on sale for $89 and an additional 20% off which is a super price because normally they are over $100.

I don't have a Right Start near me, but I wanted to take advantage of the sale they are having on the Baby Sherpa backpack that I've been wanting, so I called up the nearest one this morning (Virginia) and bought it over the phone for 40 bucks (89 typically) plus 8.95 for shipping. It will be here by Wednesday.

The Viginia store I called also had the Mothership in stock, they had a denim color and pink. Give them or a closer one a call if you think the Mothership is what you want, what a deal!!!!

etwahl
04-17-2004, 09:05 PM
yeah, i was thinking about that when i saw that too! i'll have to call the virginia one and maybe order. they do sound perfect. i think i'd go for the pink. i wish the shipping weren't so expensive, but what can you do!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

kathsmom
04-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Tammy,

I have a large Boat and Tote bag from LLBean and it is awesome! I might get the XL size of the Boat and Tote for this summer since we'll be taking Andrew with us to the pool this year. They aren't that expensive, they hold up really well, and you can get them monogrammed! Maureen had ordered a bag from LLBean that was reversible and had some great looking color combinations. She is going to take it on her cruise. So that might be another option. You might want to just check out the LLBean website for their toted, as well as Lands' End.

HTH and good luck!

etwahl
04-17-2004, 09:57 PM
oh toni, thank you! i like the XL zip one. that's a great bag and really big!!! i think i might have to get one!!!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

parkersmama
04-17-2004, 11:02 PM
I guess this wouldn't work if you're looking for a good deal of organization, but my favorite beach bags are mesh! The mesh allows the sand to just fall out which is perfect for me since I hate sand! LOL! Anyway, the one I have came from the Disney Store but lots of places have them. It is *huge* (but has no pockets...just one big open area) and will hold several adult sized beach towels, sunscreen, and toys. I don't use it for the pool...just the beach (because of the sand).

Also, last year we purchased a wheeled cart to use at the beach and it was fabulous. We actually ended up not taking the bag since the cart just held everything. The large wheels made it easy to pull or push on the sand, concrete, and boardwalk. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/26xls

sbjf
04-17-2004, 11:14 PM
I have this bag!! I love it! I do use it for the beach now and I'm happy with it. It's HUGE :-) People always comment on the size.
I've had it for years and it is still solid and in great shape. No zipper or material issues at all.

It doesn't have any pockets inside (mayyyybe one little one inside) or outside but it is so large that you can easily put a soft cooler or bottle holder in there.

Good pick and GREAT price!!!!!

Kimberly H
04-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Tammy, I just get one from Target every few years. They're fun and CHEAP :)

boys2enough
04-18-2004, 10:48 AM
I agree with the idea of getting an inexpensive and fun one from Target. If it gets too yucky, then you can just throw it away at the end of the year. I saw a mesh one with stripes and 6 pockets outside at Target for around $10 the other day. Somebody else also posted about the double bag they have in the Fashion girl print for $12.99. I got one the other day and DH actually said, "I love it!" well, more because of the price... Let me see whether I can find a link or something. HTH. Lin

humblemama
04-18-2004, 12:45 PM
LL BEAN realy is the ultimate beach bag. They last forever. I have one I've had since I was 16~
Sara

houseof3boys
04-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Tammy the shipping is $12.95 so just think of the fact you won't be paying tax and that will ease the pain a little bit! At least that's how I justified it. :)