PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk 2 is designing a diaper bag!

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
04-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Hi all.
I am new here, but wanted to let you know that I received and e-mail from T2 stating that they are in the process of developing a diaper bag. They said that they are in the beginning design stages, but one is coming! I e-mailed them because my hubby is a cyclist and we have some of their bags already and they are tough!

Gretchen
Lucian 12/18/01
Gabriel 8/22/03

zen_bliss
04-20-2004, 03:44 AM
the cat's out of the T2 bag, so to speak! it's true! i've been emailing them over the last year to see if they would consider doing one or setting up a group order situation for us. i pointed them to this forum, and i like to think that this passionate diaperbag BB group is the impetus! i'm looking forward to seeing the T2 dipe bag design. it will be a matter of months for them to design it though. patience!

Since this thread has already been started, i thought it would be a good place to compile input for them. post your thoughts here!

Here's what i sent them as suggestions:

* size -- in between. slightly larger than the new one, slightly smaller than the medium graphic.
* main compartment divider
* non-black interior so you can see what you're doing -- major issue in most bags
* cel phone pocket
* clip for keys
* easy access area for wallet, mama things (a small coordinating color 'pod' that can be removed from bag for quick run into a store is popular -- see the loom marsupial tote)
* pocket for travel wipes container (it's a standard size - just about everyone gets the huggies travel wipes container)
* waterproof vinyl-lined pocket for soiled/damp clothes. (possibly velcro'd & entirely removable for rinsing?)
* elasticized mesh bottle/sippy cup pockets wide enough to handle wide bottles like avent (the most popular brand)
* one insulated pocket for sippy cup or snacks
* a number of elasticized mesh pockets along the inside of the bag to keep things organized -- toys, snacks, etc
* compact changing pad & pocket for it. best one i've ever used (and lost) was from the mckenzie kids highland tote. it folded flat and velcroed closed
* adjustable strap goes without saying. a 'quick release' on the main strap (like Chrome bags) would be a BOON for mamas who wear a sling (there are a lot of us) to get the bag off and onto the stroller without having to take off the baby & pull sling & bag strap over our heads, put sling back on, put baby back in sling, etc.
*discreet reflectors for safety are a good idea.

Mikesa3
04-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Will the mesh cup/bottle pockets be on the outside?Just checking since that's a must for me.All your suggestions sound great.
Nancy

sbjf
04-20-2004, 06:08 PM
and how about....

metal feet on the bottom
some structure to the whole bag so it can stand up a bit on it's own
tan/khaki colors, a neutral color bag would be nice

and the most important....

a LONG enough STRAP so that people over 5'6 can comfortably wear it messenger style?!

(They may already make nice long straps for all I know, but just in case they don't...)

sarahfran
04-20-2004, 10:46 PM
I'd add:
* lightweight-- I don't want it so loaded with extra features that it's heavy when empty
* fabric that doesn't cause pilling on clothes (I think cordura is worse than others?)

Can't wait to see what they come out with!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

zen_bliss
04-28-2004, 05:08 AM
just bumping this with all the recent T2 posting. this is your chance to get your suggestions in during the design process!

kelle1996
04-28-2004, 09:30 AM
I like a backpack/messenger option. I also like pockets on the outside of the bag.
I hope the keep the additional strap add-ons i.e the ipod case, cell phone holder, strap pouch. I like easy access.

I can't wait till this comes out! Anybody have an idea of when this be available?

smomom
04-28-2004, 01:46 PM
My main request is for external pockets - one for the cell phone, one for a bottle/cup, and one for misc. stuff like keys.

I think the list above is great!

nitaghei
04-28-2004, 02:32 PM
A slightly narrower shoulder strap? The current width seems to be designed for men; even a quarter of an inch narrower would help, without sacrificing comfort.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Gayletmomto4
04-28-2004, 11:27 PM
Great suggestions from everyone. I am excited to see what the final product looks like. I am evaluating the various bags and may just wait for T2! Please let us know about timing when you hear. Thanks for the info.

smomom
05-03-2004, 09:34 AM
I just thought of something else that may or may not have been mentioned.... color choices that are either totally custom OR a good variety of color choices. Some of their newest specialty bags (like the totes) only come in one color per size.

cccat
05-04-2004, 05:29 PM
ditto to that.

cccat
05-04-2004, 05:53 PM
I love everyone's suggested features. Following is my 2 cents...

>* easy access area for wallet, mama things (a small
>coordinating color 'pod' that can be removed from bag for
>quick run into a store is popular -- see the loom marsupial
>tote)
I'd prefer a mama pod with string that can be worn on shoulder or neck to a clutch style pod. Or maybe a fanny pack style mama pod?

>* adjustable strap goes without saying. a 'quick release' on
>the main strap (like Chrome bags) would be a BOON for mamas
>who wear a sling (there are a lot of us) to get the bag off
>and onto the stroller without having to take off the baby &
>pull sling & bag strap over our heads, put sling back on, put
>baby back in sling, etc.
How about make it also easy to convert to a stroller bag that attaches to either umbrella or bar handle because most strollers (at least the preferred ones on this board) do not have adequate basket capacity. This feature also conforms to the principle of easy access.

bubbaray
05-04-2004, 06:11 PM
I have the El Ocho & hate the wide strap

Melissa

RDHmommy
05-15-2004, 04:47 AM
Any idea when these may be out?

Thanks!