PDA

View Full Version : Received my WW bag - LOVE IT!!!!!! long review

jasabo
04-20-2004, 12:57 AM
I am completely thrilled with my bag! I received it tonight and promptly transferred everything from my Ella Elaine into my WW bag. I ordered the 3 Peas size (pictures are attached in a post below about the Mademoiselle fabric). I think it's an inch bigger all around then the Elaine and the perfect size for my needs. I wanted a bag for quick trips to the mall, grocery store, etc. I didn't think that extra inch would make a big difference, but it really does. I've got much more room to throw things in when necessary.

I packed:
one pocket: 2 size 5 Huggies, packet of wipes and a disposable changing pad
two pockets hold 2 Avent bottles
one pocket holds a plastic bottle of water
one pocket holds a cloth diaper/burp cloth and 2 disposable bibs
one pocket I use for mommy stuff - cell phone, lotion, etc.

In the bottom of the bag I have 2 small toys and a few other things, and I put my small clutch which holds my wallet, lip balm, etc. on top. And I've got room to spare.

I was a "test subject" for elastic pockets and I am really happy with them. Kim was worried that they'd be too tall - I was a little worried when I first saw it because they're taller then the Ella, but once I loaded it up I really liked them taller. In the Ella, my diapers would slouch over because the pockets weren't tall enough. In my WW, they fit perfectly into the pockets and don't slouch over so everything's much neater. I think the pocket height is perfect, and I highly recommend the elastic.

As for the workmanship - I'm in awe. It's absolutely beautifuly done. The piping matches up (unlike with my Ella), it's MUCH more substantial then my Ella - it doesn't slouch over at all, the straps are wider and seem more substantial - it's really well made. IMO, there's really no comparison between the Ella and the WW - the WW wins hands down (the Ella's the only other custom bag I have, so it's all I have to compare). I stood the Ella and WW next to each other and the Ella looks and feels really flimsy compared to the WW. I still think the Ella is nice, but I'm definitely going with WW whenever I order custom bags in the future (I'm actually going to order two more tomorrow).

I didn't get a binky or key holder because I never used the ones on my Ella. The only thing I'd like on this bag that's not on it is a pocket on the front outside that I could just stick my keys in. Also, in hindsight, I probably should have chosen a solid color inside rather then the stripes just because it's a little busy. But that was completely my decision. I never consulted with Kim re: fabrics. And I love the striped fabric so much that it's not that big of a deal.

One other thing - rather then using just a plain old black button, Kim covered the button with the same fabric the bag is made from, so you can't see the button, which I love! It's one of the small things that I think shows she takes great pride in her work and really wants to make a beautiful, high quality bag.

I could go on forever about this bag... I really recommend WW if you want a custom bag.

Thanks Kim!! I love it!!

Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

amyff
04-20-2004, 01:04 AM
Wonderful review, Lisa! I am sold!

Dscvrlifewith3
04-20-2004, 01:46 AM
Okay, Lisa you are too sweet and I am so glad you are happy with your bag and the elastic pockets.
I'm crying with happiness and now I can get some sleep!