PDA

View Full Version : WW 3 Peas in a Pod or Windsor? (and other questions)

stillplayswithbarbies
04-20-2004, 11:59 AM
I already ordered a backpack, but I want to get a tote too. The diaper bag I am currently using is from Gymboree and is 16" wide by 12" tall by 6" deep, measured on the outside. I need something bigger to carry cloth diapers, wipes, snacks, toys, sippy cup, etc.

3 Peas In A Pod Day Tripper is 17" wide x 13 high x 5" deep

The Windsor 18" wide x 12" high x 6" deep (add $15.00 comes with interfacing and two layers of stabilizer)

It sounds like the Windsor is bigger, and maybe I can ask for it to be made taller? What is the purpose of the extra stabilizer, and does it take away some of the inside room? Does anyone have the Windsor and do you like the extra stabilization? I'd rather not pay the extra $15 if the extra stuff isn't really necessary, know what I mean?

How do you all decide what size to get and are you happy with it?

Also, what size straps should I get to be able to carry this on my shoulder? My Gymbo bag has 26" straps, and it does not fit on my shoulder. I am 6'0" tall and plus sized, if that matters.

Final question, I promise . . .
Do you think a bag with these fabrics could be carried year round? The only way I can justify to myself buying two of these is if I don't get another one for fall/winter.

http://www.thefabricfinder.com/photogallery/photo11944/BloomcraftAmericanBeauty%20Spring.JPG
http://www.thefabricfinder.com/photogallery/photo11944/BloomcraftEzStreetPink.JPG

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

KGoes
04-20-2004, 12:29 PM
I have the 3 Peas in a Pod and it seems plenty roomy to me - I chose not to pay the extra for one more inch. The bag comfortably contains the matching changing pad; 9 oz avent bottle; two outfits, 4 diapers; wipes; receiving blanket; kleexex packet; antibacterial wipes; sunscreen stick; hat; 2 plush toys; 2 plastic toys; and lotion. I am not done filling it, either.
I have 30" straps, which causes it to hang so that the top of the bag is hip level - this is exactly what I wanted so that I can grab things in my bag without stretching and contorting. I am 5'5", but am very long waisted. My 6'2" husband modeled the bag and it did not seem out of proportion on him, but obviously came a bit higher - more handbag level on his frame.
Roses and stripes say "Spring! Summer!" to me, but that said, I would carry it all year round because I like color.

HTH!
Kelley
DD born 7/03

murpheyblue
04-20-2004, 01:27 PM
I love that combo! I order two bags too (blush) and one was a flower stripe combination.

Oh yeah, mine was a 3 Peas in a Pod.

Ali
Mom to Megan 9-28-03