PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the WW velcro closure? Also need pocket and strap length help!

kkb99
04-20-2004, 01:49 PM
I have never carried a tote, so its hard for me to figure out some of these things- for one, I can't figure out what size to get, but also how do you know how long you want the straps?? Any totes I have carried briefly (like a bag I packed to go on a trip and I just carry really briefly) often either does not hit me right or straps don't stay on my shoulder, etc. Any advice on what to look for to get that right? I also have never had a bag that did not zip closed, so the open top thing seems really different to me. I guess you get used to it?? I see the ribbon tie and button closure on the web site pics, but don't see the velcro close. Anyone have this? Is it similar to the button closure, like a tab that comes over, but velcros instead of buttoning?

I just went to Target to buy myself a new wallet so that I could get a pocket made for it! I did not like the size, etc of my old wallet and was planning on a new one anyway. So, what I wanted was a wallet that held money, cards, and checkbook (so checkbook sized). I ended up getting a wallet/clutch that has space for all that, I think my PDA (it has a small notepad in it that I will remove and slip PDA in instead), and an outer pocket for my cell phone. I thought this could be a perfect solution to my bag changing problem (forget some of my items), and be somewhat like the Loom watermelon clutch idea (well without the great matching styling part!). So now my pocket dilema- I had planned to ask for a pocket for my wallet and a pocket for my phone. This clutch when full may be about the same thickness as 2 checkbook sized wallets together- or maybe a bit smaller. Its really only a little bigger than the wallet I would have gotten, but is definitely bigger. So would you do a really big pocket that would fit it, or put that in the center? Have you guys had pockets made for the changing pad, or put that in the middle? If I put my purse in the middle, what would you have the pockets made for? I am thinking 1)diapers, 2) wipes, 3)sippy cup 4)sippy cup/water bottle, 5)small items, maybe with a velcro close, 6)?

I was thinking of Three Peas in a Pod for a bag for my 2 girls (age 6 mo, 2 yrs). But was also thinking of maybe getting this bag to use when I just have the baby. I am planning to order a T2 bag also, and that could be my bag for both girls. Trying to find some way to justify 2 bags!

Slinging moms- how does it work to carry this tote while slinging? That is what got me to this board and to the T2- my current diaper bags do not work with slinging.

Thanks for all the help! I am panicking to figure this out to get my order in!!

Kristen