PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Alpha 7 as a backpack?

missliss55
04-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Does anyone wear their Alpha 7 as a backpack? Does it work well?

I have been drooling over one in red from diaperbags.com and was wondering if they all have that plastic like coating. From the picture the red one doesn't look like it does but I can't tell.

Melissa
Mom to Emma (4/16/03)

lmariana
04-21-2004, 10:38 PM
I *think* the only ones with the plasticy coating are the blue and pink chocolate Alpha 7's. I have the Fiesta Stripe corduroy and love it! It works well as a backpack on me, and I'm quite fond of it. I use it more in the messenger style, but that's just more my personal preference. :)

If you're still wondering about the fabric, the guys at diaperbags.com have always been very helpful in my experience!

Missfitzinc.com has 10% off + free shipping on all orders over $125, if there's anything else you want there along with the Alpha 7. :)

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

kelle1996
04-23-2004, 04:01 PM
The red is canvas, right? I have a black canvas and I love it! There is no plastic coating on the canvas one. I do wear mine as a backpack sometimes but I like the shoulder strap better. Overall this is my favorite diaper bag. Although I do want a timbuk2 but can't justify both right now........

lstef plus2
04-23-2004, 06:43 PM
I believe that only the pink and light blue have the plastic coating. The black and red are canvas and the others are courdory.

I have an alpha 7, but never have worn it as a backpack ecept for around the house as a trial. I does o.k., but I love the alpha 7 strap and prefer messengar style or just worn as a pocketbook.

Here is a sight that I found with photos of various bags on a model worn different ways:

http://www.babyoliverboutique.com/diaper-bag-lifestyles.html

Maybe by seeing a picture it can help you visualize better. It does for me...

missliss55
04-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Thanks a ton everyone!

I am pretty tall (5'10") but it looks like I might be able to wear it messenger style. The pictures were really helpful.

Melissa
Mom to Emma (4/16/03)