PDA

View Full Version : Loom Marsupial Robin's Egg Blue Pics

lmariana
04-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Hey! I just received my Robin's Egg Blue Marsupial today. The color was a little darker/muddier than I expected (you can almost tell the darkness of the color on the picture of the interior), but it's still lovely. The interior is light blue, which makes for some very cute accessories. I got the red/turquoise watermelon clutch to match.

Here are some pics of the bag and comparison shots next to the moss green and black Marsupials. One of my three will be appearing on the Bag Swap board, I just need to decide which two stay. :) Let me know if you want any more info or pictures! Enjoy!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4848.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4849.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4850.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4851.jpg

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

tapr
04-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Mariana-

Thanks for posting the pics. I received the avocado a few weeks ago and am thinking the color is not right for me. The blue looks pretty and perfect for spring. Like the clutch you chose too!

Tracey

Chelsey333
04-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Mariana, I love the color. It is very pretty. This is off the topic of your new Loom, but I need your opinion on a diaper bag. If you were to have a 2nd child and needed something hands free - would you (if you were me) buy the Skip Hop or buy a backpack. I already have the Loom and an ISM tote and I love them both. But now I am thinking I need something for days that I want to be hands free to keep up with toddler. I am thinking how hectic going to doctor's appts will be. I just wondered if the Skip Hop is good for 2 kids and I have never really worn anything messenger style, so not sure how comfortable and functional it is. I know the Loom can be worn Messenger style, but I think I look pretty silly with it that way. I am 5'8" and it looks bulky that way and doesn't hang right.

lmariana
04-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Hands free sounds like a good way to go with two little ones! The Skip Hop would be great for days that you know will be stroller-intensive, but you may find the size limiting for two children's things. It fits a good deal of stuff, but I don't know if it would really be big enough.

A good backpack is always a winner. I have a Baby Sherpa which is definitely large enough for two, but rather large and not very cute. I give it top scores for functionality though! It is ultra padded and has that awesome cooler section for liquid feedings. They have a blue color now that I've seen on Ebay, which may be a little more fun than the basic black. Depending on your stroller, you'll probably be able to stow it in the basket to give your back a break.

The other backpack I have is the Fleurville Alpha 7 which converts to be worn either messenger style or as a backpack. This is a little smaller than a Mothership, but still larger than a Loom Marsupial. Personally, I love it! It won't be nearly as comfortable as a "true" backpack for a day-long outting, but it will definitely do the job. The side pockets are a little long and narrow, not good for wide neck bottles or sippys, but overall, a great bag.

That's the extent of my experience with backpacks, but I know lots of people love the Petunia Pickle Bottom, Land's End, Eddie Bauer, Kate Spade, Oi Oi, and Chester backpacks. Oi Oi's has a neat design feature where the whole bag front unzips and opens for full access.

If you want any pictures or more details on the packs I have, just let me know!

Mariana

marnay
04-22-2004, 11:51 PM
Oh I love that color! I am really drooling over these bags.... I have a Mothership though and don't really need another large bag, but .... well I want one! ha ha ha

lmariana
04-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I have a real love affair with my Mothership...it's just awesome. :) It's really a great bag for carrying everything.

Mariana

Chelsey333
04-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I love the price of the Skip Hop. I also love your Alpha 7. Not sure what to do. I was going to go with ISM backpack or the WW coop but I think I need something that will also be good for traveling and spills. I will check out the Baby Sherpa too, but now I am leaning towards the Alpha 7. So fickle!

lmariana
04-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Despite the total cuteness of this bag and the fun color, I've decided to sell it, at no profit to me. I just use my black one too much. :) It's on the Bag Swap. Enjoy!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com