PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Timbuk2 Metro bag?

toomanystrollers
04-23-2004, 10:52 AM
For size, I'm guessing it's comparable to a LE Little Tripper? I'm looking for something messenger style to hold my wallet, keys, water bottle, wipes, and 1 -2 cloth dipes and maybe a couple toys/snacks :)

Maybe I need the next size up?

toomanystrollers
04-23-2004, 11:04 AM
AHA - found the old thread - nevermind :)

lstef plus2
04-23-2004, 11:34 AM
O.K., I have the Metro in pink, and the peewee in the plu/silver/gray combination, and the neon black with orange accents in medium for my DH.

O.k, the Metro has no center divider, just an open space. But, there are various zippered comparments and pockets to hold stuff in. Right now the Metro is holding DD's stuff(books, crayons, pens, pencils, paper, and snacks), but I could fit 2 size 4/5 diaper, a wipes case snack sized bag of cookies and crackers, one bottle and a sippy cup, and a disposable changing pad, and a bunch of small stuff like tylenol, lipstick, keys, and wallet. I could not fit my water bottle in the bag as it would not allow it to close evenly. Everything is lined up due to no seperation. I would use it as a daily in and out kind of bag.

The peewee I have the center compartment. I am able to keep 4 diapers, 2 pads, a wipes case, and other baby needs in the back section. The middle section I use for tylenol, sunglasses, lipgloss, wallet, anti-bacterial gel--stuff that I want more contained. The front section I still have room for sippy cups or bottles, snacks and toys. Plus the various zippers pockets and pockerts to hold your pens, keys, loose change and whatever. Just depends on the day and what I need t pack. I was even able to fit in one of those freebee two bottle cariers inside the peewee front section and still had he other half for other stuff.

I tend to pack more and I am careful with placement. The medium would have been overkill for a daily bag. I use the peewee more as an all day outing bag--days when I will be away from the house longer, not necessarily an outing just days when I have a ds playdate in the morning then off to work with ds in the afternoon. Need to pack the extra milk and snacks. The metro I can use on the week-ends when my trips are shorter and I am closer to hoome or check-in at one time to un-load or to leave ds with dh.

I guess it depends on you. I overpack and tend to be more comfortable with a bigger bag just to throw in extras...

Sorry so long...

toomanystrollers
04-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks Lisa!!

More questions: the metro has a strap that can be "unclipped" - I'm thinking I can use this on my stroller. Does the Peewee strap unclip at all? I can't really tell from the Timbuk2 site.

I'll probably go with the Metro - I keep a overloaded backpack in the car with everything else.

TIA

kfcboston
04-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a good strategy Pam. I'm surprised at how much I can fit in my Metro, and I'm a lite packer (can you tell I'm desperately clingly to my old low-maintenance lifestyle?) I'm loving the Metro as a quick trip bag, and I'm SOLD on messenger style.

Good luck!

toomanystrollers
04-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Katie,
Where did you get your Metro?

kfcboston
04-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Glad you asked, since I meant to mention I got it for $50 (smae as the T2 site) at EMS at Emerald Square mall. They had some PeeWees on sale for $40 there too, although this was a week or two ago. Different EMSs have different Metro stocks; I called EMS's 1-800 number in advance.

HTH.........

ETA - They had no Metros on the shelves - I had to ask!

ktdid74
04-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Lisa-
I know this sounds stupid but can you describe the pink color? Is it a really bright hot pink? It's kind of hard to tell from the website. I was going to order a pink metro from gearguys.com but I want to make sure the pink isn't too obnoxious :)
I ordered a blue and silver peewee from the timbuk2 website and it should be here in another day or two. I really want a pink bag though... TIA-

sbaker
04-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Lisa,
Could you possibly post a picture of your Metro next to your Pee Wee? I am currently using a green Metro (love it), but I'm thinking about ordering a Pee Wee as I'm about to start carrying more stuff. I'd like to get a better idea of the size difference.
Thanks so much!

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

lstef plus2
04-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Yes, I will take the pictures and try to post later tonight or early tomorrow.