PDA

View Full Version : Help! I have the Mothership on hold at the Right Start

ppshah
04-26-2004, 04:30 PM
But I'm so indecisive. We recently traveled to Houston and I discovered I needed a large diaper bag that I can hang off my stroller. I have an ISM large tote which is great for everyday- but was just too small for travel. I was really eyeing the alpha 7 but for the great price I think the I could settle for the mothership. Plus my stroller is navy- so the indigo color would be nice.

Here are my questions:

The strap is not adjustable- I'm short 5'2" - will I be able to wear it messenger style?

This is a large bag- will is look riduculous on a small person?

Is the changing pad large enogh for a toddler?

I would like to pack the following:

5-6 size 4 diapers
travel wipes case
extra change of clothes
wallet
cell phone
sippy cup
snack/sandwich for DS
bib
burp cloth
mommy pouch with glasses/chapstick- etc.
hat
sunscreen
water bottle for me
magazine or book for me.
Several toys/books for DS

Would the skip hop hold all this stuff?

Thanks- I have the end of the day to decide....Oh the choices:

khakismom
04-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Purvi, pull the trigger--you will love the Mothership. :)

You can definitely fit all that gear into the Mothership. And you should be able to wear it messenger style. I am 5.10 and can wear it messenger. In fact, I prefer wearing it that way. The underside of the top of the shoulder strap has a rubberized material so that the strap doesn't slip and slide off your shoulder.

As for whether it's too big for you, I wouldn't think so but that's just my opinion. My next-door neighbor has one and she is probably 5.3 and it doesn't look too big on her.

Good luck!! :)

houseof3boys
04-26-2004, 05:45 PM
The mothership will definitely hold that stuff. The bag is large though. I am 5'5" and wear it messenger style just fine. I caught a glimpse of myself in the glass at Target and noticed that it is huge though! I don't care since I am an overpacker (I've just accepted it at this point) though. I have the indigo and I think it would look great with a navy stroller.

I can't answer the changing pad toddler question though. I love my changing pad from happytushies.com so I only use that one in all of my diaper bags. Measure your current pad and I'll check the measurements against the mothership one to compare it for you.

You could always buy the bag and if you don't like it Ebay it. I figured that if I didn't like the bag that's what I would do and watched an auction go for $20 more than I spent at Right Start with the recent 20% off sale!