PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Tables...Yuck!

ncmommy
04-27-2004, 11:58 PM
What do you do?? I've tried the table topper adhesive covers, but DS pulls them off after about 2 minutes. I have not been able to find a suction cup plate or bowl that actually stays put either. I've resorted to wiping down the table with ant-bacterial wipes and just letting him eat off the table, but it still icks me out! I'm looking into the twingles tray...

http://www.highchairtray.com/

Anybody use one?? Does it work with a shopping cart/high chair cover (we have a baby ala cart)? Other ideas? Help Please!!!

Eloise36
04-28-2004, 12:21 AM
We have the Kiddopotamus Tiny Diner (available at Target). So far DS hasn't pulled it off!

lilarkk
04-28-2004, 01:17 PM
I second the Kiddopotamus Tiny Diner! :)

missliss55
04-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Third vote for the tiny diner. Love it!

Melissa
Mom to Emma (4/16/03)

lmariana
04-28-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm a wiper. I don't like carrying a bunch of things into the restaurant, so I just take an antibacterial wipe and the seat cover, and let him enjoy! :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Emmas Mom
04-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Anyone have the link to the Tiny Diner?? I'd like to check it out & can't locate it. :(

lilarkk
04-28-2004, 04:49 PM
here's the link for the tiny diner at the kiddopotamus website. they also list the places that sell their products.

http://www.kiddopotamus.com/prod_td_table.html

lmariana
04-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Ooh, that's cute! I love it! I saw someone with on tonight, but I didn't know what it was.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Chelsey333
04-29-2004, 08:13 AM
I saw some Tiny Diner's at TJ Maxx for sale.

cinrein
04-29-2004, 08:26 AM
I've seen these at Target.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

hellokitty1
04-29-2004, 11:42 AM
We never got the table topper adhesive bc I thought they were just too darn expensive. We are currently using the suction bowls, plates and they do work most places. It's important to moisten the rubber base. But I still wipe down as well. I haven't dose this yet but probably will soon...I plan to get some contact paper, the sticky kind and just pre-cut them into placemat size. They would be very compact to carry and I would just remove the backing and stick on. Then remove when we are finished. They are meant to be removable so I don't foresee a problem.

Anyone tried this?

kkb99
04-29-2004, 12:28 PM
For my first 2, I would take purell and really wipe down their spot, then let them eat off the table. When they were a little bigger, I might bring a small plastic bowl, or let them use a small bread plate from the table. For my 3rd kid, I used the disposable placemats and they worked GREAT! She did sometimes start pulling them off, and that was a drag, but for the most part it worked great. For my first 2 kids, they were only available (to me) through catalog- One Step Ahead or Right Start. For 3rd, we then had a Right Start store near us, plus they were at Toys r Us. For 4th, its not an issue yet!

hellokitty1
04-29-2004, 12:31 PM
how does this Tiny Diner actually stick to the table?

amp
04-29-2004, 12:39 PM
Another wiper here! I started out with Table Toppers, but that just became a pain. We wipe the table down (top, side, bottom) and the hight chair, as best we can and feed him right off the table. A bit gross, but it's working and no illness since we started it.

signsing
04-30-2004, 02:58 AM
I have the twingles and yes it does work. I use my shopping cart cover on the chair and then the twingles as well. I'm pretty happy with it. I've never seen the other options though. I ordered my twingles from One Step Ahead.

HTH
Betsey
Buddy's Mamma 6-10-2003

teddy
04-30-2004, 03:53 PM
On the backside of the Tiny Diner are 5 small suction cups, around the edge, so you just push down on them and the thing sticks. It just won't stick to tablecloths, obviously, or wood tables with deep grooves in them. But for most places, it works fine. Then you just wash it when you get home.

I've seen them at Target and Babies R Us.

I like the small edge that hangs off the edge of the table between your kid and the table. It catches crumbs and other bits of food that fall in. One more way to keep your kid neat!

lmariana
04-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Thanks to this thread, I just went out and bought the Tiny Diner at Target for $8.49. It's great! I love it and cannot wait to use it. We'll see if it is useful or becomes a toy. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

DeeEast
04-30-2004, 11:10 PM
I love our Tiny Diner too but if you don't want to try that, there's always the Deluxe Graco clip on high chair with tray. We have the one without the tray, but that one is in the BB book and has a tray they can eat off of. But you can't use it on a pedestal table which limits its usage IMO.

s7714
05-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Just wanted to mention a downside to the Tiny Diner--you can't use it very well with a hook-on high chair. :( Other than that, it seems to work great!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

DDowning
05-01-2004, 12:47 AM
Yes, it works great, until your child figures out how to pull it off and food goes everywhere. I stick to the regular stick on adhesive mats now - or if we're in a nicer place, I just hand him individual bite size pieces that he picks up from my hand.

Twin Mom
05-01-2004, 07:12 PM
I have both the tiny diner and the table toppers and found that we were too lazy to clean 2 tiny diners when we got home each time we eat out (twins) since they have to be handwashed and can't go in the dishwasher. Plus sometimes my kids try to pull them up because they don't stick well to all surfaces so we just keep using table toppers for lack of a better option. We have also tried the suction cup bowls at home and have found that they can pull them up and throw them about 5 minutes after we stick them to the table.

Back to the table toppers. Basically we wait until right before they are going to start eating to put them down because otherwise they just start trying to pull them up right away. Once they are interested in the food, they don't try to pull them totally off the table (just off a corner maybe) until they are almost done eating...

Aileen

stillplayswithbarbies
05-01-2004, 10:55 PM
it works great with our Inglesina hook on chair. I install the chair first and then put the Tiny Diner over it.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

s7714
05-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Funny, that's the chair we have and it didn't work at all for us. The Tiny Diner just wouldn't stay on when we put it on over the chair arms. I returned it because of this, but maybe I'll give it another try if I can't find anything else!

Jennifer

Gayletmomto4
05-02-2004, 11:32 AM
BTW, the Tiny Diner is currently available on www.kidsurplus.com if anyone is interested.

Kimberly H
05-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Add me to the wiper list!

Mia loves to wipe the Purell gel all over the table and I make sure it covers the edge and front of her highchair. Now that she's using a plate (sometimes) I'm not as worried about the table but I'm also a big fan of not OD'ing on the anti-bacterial stuff so it's hit or miss with us.

stillplayswithbarbies
05-02-2004, 04:03 PM
I attach the suction cups to the arms of the chair itself. It just wraps around to reach the outside edge. Not the "arms", I don't know what to call it, the part that is on top of the table.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

s7714
05-02-2004, 07:41 PM
By arms I meant the rubber parts that sit on top of the table top--are those what you wrap it around? I'm really curious how to make one work if I can! When I tried putting it over the arms it seemed like there was a lot of space between where the suction cups were and where the arms where. Does the TD (Tiny Diner) go under them at any point? I was concerned about putting it under the arms because I thought it might cause the chair to be less stable as far as staying attached to the table. I'm trying to imagine what you're talking about, but since I no longer have the TD I don't have a way to experiment. Maybe you could take a picture for me? :D

TIA,
Jennifer

stillplayswithbarbies
05-02-2004, 09:28 PM
I install the chair first. Then put the Tiny Diner over it. Most of the suction cups stick to the table, but the two on the sides wrap around the part of the chair that is on top of the table, and the suction cup sticks to the outside edge of the chair part thingy.

I hope that makes sense.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03