PDA

View Full Version : I'm rarely on this board, so sorry if this is a stupid question...

jd11365
04-28-2004, 12:43 AM
I'm sure it's been asked 1,000 times before, but maybe you don't mind obliging an old friend with some suggestions...

Right now I have the black Similac bag from the hospital that I use on day trips and my Nicole Miller messenger bag for long overnight trips. Love my NM, but it's just too big for day trips. I love the size of my Similac bag and that it is basic black with a strap that goes over the handles of the P3. However, there is only one big compartment with a small side pocket on the inside. I'd like something similar...small, black...but with some compartments. I keep Bibsters, a sippy cup, 2 small containers of snacks, 3 diapers, a travel size container of wipes and my wallet. I don't like material of the LE bags...I'd like something a little nicer material, not so "outdoorsy" IYKWIM. And I'm definitely not wanting to spend more than $50 bucks. Any suggestions? Does something like this exist?

TIA!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

jec2
04-28-2004, 02:26 AM
There's been a lot of activity here surrounding the Skip Hop. I would recommend looking into that both IRL, & looking at previous threads about it and pple's reviews.

lmariana
04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
I agree, the Skip Hop is a great bag for $50, and it's super functional. However, the material is canvas and a little on the sporty side.

I'm trying to think of a good bag in that price range. Some people have mentioned the Ellington In Flight tote from Ebags.com. Have you checked that one out yet?

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

jd11365
04-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Looked at the Skip Hop...looks skinny, and doesn't stand up on it's own. The Ellington doesn't seem like the straps would go across the handles of the P3...

Any other suggestions?

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

ppshah
04-28-2004, 09:54 AM
I think nine west makes black microfiber baby bags in several sizes/styles. I don't have one but my SIL has one that's pretty nice. I think TJMaxx has them at reasonable prices.

larson
04-28-2004, 10:54 AM
I have several nine west bags and I really like them. I have never looked at their diaper bags, but I think you could probably find one that works for you. They seem to hold up well.

Carrie

jerseygirl07067
05-01-2004, 12:49 AM
I also agree with the other poster regarding the nine west black microfiber bags. I have the baby shopper mini tote and it is a great bag, stylish, and actually holds quite a bit. There are two bottle pockets, one on each side, a small zipper compartment on the backside, and two small compartments in the front. Inside there are a few compartments as well. It's an awesome bag! I actually hang it over one handle of my P3 and it stays just fine.

They also make a tote that is a bit larger, and a messenger bag which is slightly smaller than the Nicole Miller bag. If TJ Maxx does not carry them, they often have brand new ones on e-bay.

I actually found a regular purse backpack from Nine West that I am now using as my purse/diaperbag combo. It is very cute and holds just the essentials for short trips.

HTH,
Marcy