PDA

View Full Version : timbuk2 - consensus on size

Melanie
04-28-2004, 04:03 AM
So, was there ever a consensus reached on these? PeeWee/Small or El Ocho/Medium? =)

ktdid74
04-28-2004, 08:45 AM
Hi Melanie- not sure what the consensus will be but I received my peewee yesterday and I'm surprised how much it holds! I wouldn't want anything bigger! I went ahead and ordered a metro (in pink) so I could have something a little smaller and to have it double as a purse if needed. I'm in love with these bags!!

Melanie
04-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Wow...I guess I'm just an overpacker. I stopped at REI today just to look at theirs since there are a bunch on eBay without the center divider right now and I wanted to see if I'd like it without. The peewee was a great size looked great, but like it would be too thin to hold much (I use cloth diapers). I didn't try to pack it up in the store or anything, though. LOL.

Does yours have the divider in it?

Melanie
04-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Oh, also, as for the left-handed Vs. right-handed of it. The way it comes standard, would the strap be resting on your right shoulder or resting on your left-shoulder?

ktdid74
04-28-2004, 08:43 PM
I added a divider to mine since people here recommended it. It does break up the bag a bit so you can organize a little better. It doesn't divide it in half though if that makes any sense. I don't CD so I can't help you on that one but maybe you should've packed up the one at the store :) The bag has so many pockets even without the divider that you might be fine without it. I really feel like I wouldn't want to carry a bigger bag.
As far as the right vs left carry, I carry it on my right shoulder like a purse right now. I ordered the shoulder pad for it that has a rubber material so it's non slip (for when you don't carry it messenger style. I don't see a problem with carrying it on either shoulder.
My DD is a year now so we don't carry a ton of stuff and I was never really a big packer. Sorry if this isn't much help. I guess bags are such a personal preference. I really love it though and can't wait to get my pink metro :)

Melanie
04-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks. I pack everything but the kitchen sink. =)

In my bags, you'll usually find:
Wallet, cell, keys, cosmetic bag (not really with makeup, just will all my mommy stuff)
2-3 cloth diapers
changing pad & thin receiving blanket
wetbag
wipes case
1 change of clothing
1-2 snack containers
snack bar for me
sippy cup (does timbuk2 have a place for that?)
jacket/hat/gloves in winter
bib
small toys
book
notepad & crayons

I think i'm forgetting something....LOL.

kkb99
04-28-2004, 10:36 PM
I just got my Peewee and here's what I packed :

Clutch/wallet (its actually a little purse, but just a little bit bigger than a checkbook sized wallet would be)
2 size3 diapers
2 size4 diapers
changing pad (thin waterproof pad, not a padded one)
wipes in a ziplock
1 change of clothing- size 6mo
1 change of clothing size 3T
1 snack container
1 small water bottle
1 small toy
board book
Zolo sling
Palm pilot
some misc small stuff in the little pockets-pen, lipstick, eye drops, baby tylenol, stick of sunscreen
cell phone on the strap in the cell phone holder (love this)

Its pretty full, but not totally stuffed. Taking out the Zolo sling would free up a lot of room, enough for the jacket/hat/gloves. You probably wouldn't need your cosmetic bag, as there are several small/med pockets to put that stuff in.

Hope this helps!

Melanie
04-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Wow. If a mom of 4 can use it, I ought to be able too! I don't mind them being full, I just don't like it so overstuffed that it bows away from your body and you feel like you're lugging an airline carryon.

ETA, maybe I'll go with the Pee Wee, then, b/c Ds is almost out of diapers and then I'd have no use for something so big daily.

kkb99
04-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Do note that I am not packing that bag for four though, and not even everything 2 would need. The baby is just BF now (so far just gags on solids), but soon will need to be bringing along a cup for her, plus baby food. I'm not sure if that will fit or not, but might try it soon, just for the knowledge! Was also thinking that at 2yrs 5 months, my dd will hopefully be moving out of diapers relatively soon! Anyway, this bag is just packed for the 2 girls (youngest) with nothing in it for the 2 older ones.

How many kids are you packing for and what age? For one kid, infant or toddler, I think the PeeWee is plenty big.

HTH!

kkb99
04-28-2004, 11:43 PM
OK- just repacked it with all of the above, plus:

2 jars baby food
a tall sippy cup

plus realized that I had also packed in there a FULL size bottle of sun screen, and a small maglite flashlight.

This all fits, but its pretty full now. Definitely room for small things (disposable bips, spoons, maybe even another small snack cup), but not really another sippy.

I was just showing it to dh, and found another zipper pocket, plus realized I'd not even put anything in the center divider pocket! I think this bag has nice organization, I'll just have to figure out how to get myself organized! I also got the strap pouch, which I stuck in the bag, but am not using. Not sure right now what I want to use it for. Just has an idea- maybe all those extra cards I carry, library cards for all the kids, zoo, museum memberships, etc, and make the wallet more stream lined. We'll see.

Just wanted to update you on what fit!

Melanie
04-29-2004, 02:03 AM
One two year old almost exactly the same age as your two year old. =)

Thanks for all the info.

Gayletmomto4
05-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Katie,
Thanks for the info. I've been following the discussions here on the T2. I've never seen one IRL but the organization really appeals to me.
Is the PeeWee sort of a medium size bag? I have 4 kids (2 are in school so I'm usually packing for 2) and am looking for something that is in the medium to large size in regular diaper bags. Roughly the size of my ISM tote (large) or a Marsupial. Would you say the Pee Wee is comparable or do I need to go bigger.
Also, do I understand that the bag is comfortable for you when worn on your shoulder like a purse? My current bag slips off of my shoulder all the time or digs in and drives me crazy! I'm not sure how I'll like messenger style so I'd like to know if the T2 is comfy as a shoulder bag.

TIA

ktdid74
05-01-2004, 04:05 PM
I think the T2 is very comfortable as a shoulder bag. The non-slip pad I bought with it helps a lot! The pad also keeps it from digging in. One thing I didn't like about my ISM was that is would slip off of my shoulder.
I sold my ISM so I can't take a pic to compare them. I feel like you can cram a ton of stuff in the T2! I don't tend to pack a lot but I think you could use it for 2 kids. The reason I wouldn't want to carry anything larger is I feel like I'd be knocking people out of the way with it :) The peewee is a perfect size to carry on one shoulder. I got my metro and it's so cute, too! I'm going to use the peewee as my work/day trip bag and the metro for all other outings.
I bought the metro from gearguys.com cause they have free shipping (right now it's free 2 day shipping). They can't customize the bags like the T2 site (that's where I bought my peewee) but you may want to check them out.
Sorry this rambled on so long :) Like I said before, I love these bags!! Just wish I'd found them sooner!

Gayletmomto4
05-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Thanks very much for taking the time to give me the details. It is helpful to hear about the different sizes and to know how much you like your bags. The T2s seem so user friendly and I love the ability to customize.
I'm waiting to hear about their reply to a query about a co-op and to get more details about a diaper bag they may be designing.