PDA

View Full Version : Have you made your own shopping cart cover?

JennyLynn
04-29-2004, 03:01 PM
I am looking for a pattern and comments/advice from anyone who has made a shopping cart cover. I am a fairly handy seamstress and I *think* I would like to attempt this unless I hear from someone who had a horrible experience or something ;)

Thanks!
Jenny

Mikesa3
04-29-2004, 05:01 PM
I haven't but I've been thinking of it.I can sew and I'm too cheap to pay 35+ for something I'm sure I could make.LOL I plan on measuring the cart at the grocery store I use most and go from there.I figure even if it's not the perfect fit it should do the job.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

s7714
04-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Yes, I have. I actually posted a thread a long time ago about this subject. Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/2fmcz

In retrospect, if I had had the time I would have just measured and made my own pattern. After purchasing the pattern and fabric, it admitedly cost as much, if not more than, buying a premade one. However, it obviously will greatly depend on the type of fabrics you choose, etc. (Good time to use those % coupons! ;) ) I'm planning on making more in the future as gifts and for myself, so I no longer really count the cost of the pattern when making them.

If you're curious, the pattern we talk about in the link above is basically just a very large circle, with elastic around the edge and two leg holes. Pretty basic and pretty easy to customize with a little imagination.

HTH,
Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

signsing
04-30-2004, 02:55 AM
I made mine. I'm not much of a seamstress but this project sparked a whole lot of sewing for me. It was pretty easy and built my confidence up. As for the economy of it, once I purchased everything it really wasn't much cheaper, but it is made with love and much more customized. I put in extra pockets and such for me. I'm pretty happy with it and use if often.

I got the pattern at ebay. Good luck
Betsey
Buddy's Mamma 6-10-2003