PDA

View Full Version : WW bags - elastic pockets or not?

stillplayswithbarbies
05-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Kim called me tonight to finalize my bag design, and I just can't decide about the elastic pockets. Now that some people have their bags, do you like the elastic? Or do you think it would be fine without them?

If you don't have elastic, do you wish you did?

My thought is that if I am fumbling around in the bag one handed while holding a baby, I would be able to find the edges of the pocket better with the elastic. But I've never had a bag like this, so maybe that's not even important.

Thanks in advance for any help on this point. As soon as I decide on this, Kim can start on my bag!

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

houseof3boys
05-02-2004, 06:50 PM
I am by no means an expert on pockets but I remember Brianna saying she liked elastic pockets when we did the Ella coop several months back. I think the elastic is nice because it keeps things snugly in there. Since I didn't get a WW but have an Ella, I can say that I prefer the elastic over the non-elastic ones since my Ella has both. The sippy is nice in the elastic because it won't come out but you can still grab it out of there with one hand. I also put toys in the elastic pocket so they don't come flying out of there when I drop my bag accidentally when it is open (hey it happens).

Maybe do a search on this from the Ella discussions since I remember folks talking about it. Kim's pockets are much nicer than the Ella ones too (since I saw Anna's bag IRL I can say this with certainty) since they come up higher. The huggies wipes case fits nicely in hers and in my Ella it fits about 2/3 of the way up.

I hope you love your bag Karen since I know how much thought you put into it! :) The quality is great on Kim's bags too.

LD92599
05-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Definitely go for the elastic! I find I tend to gravitate to the elastic pockets first on my Ella..and fill the non-elastic ones last.

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m