PDA

View Full Version : Boibie Diaper Bag?

lmariana
05-02-2004, 09:16 PM
As if we need a new diaper bag to consume our thoughts...I just found this one on www.modernseed.com.

http://www.boibie.com/images/outerbagsm.jpg
It's called a Boibie diaper bag (www.boibie.com).
The Tote: "Constructed out of water resistant poly canvas, the roomy tote has a large main compartment, one large divider pocket and two small secure pockets. The tote has a snap closure and grommet ring for key leash attachment. Each bag is given an identification number that should be registered with boibie.com. If a bag is found it can be reported to boibie and reunited with its owner."

http://www.boibie.com/images/pouchsm.jpg
The Pad Pouch: "The Pad Pouch is a 12"X 12" bag with four gusetted pockets on it's exterior for easy access to bottles, cell phone, binky and other essentials. The key leash converts into a strap for this bag by attaching to the grommets on the corners. The pad bag holds the changing pad and other accessories comfortably for quick trips when this satellite is all you need. It hangs just under the arm for comfort and security. For equitable division of labor one parent can carry the Tote while the other carries the Pouch."

http://www.boibie.com/images/padsmfolded.jpg
The Pad: "This unique changing pad is compact and functional. The Pad is constructed out of the same water resistant material as The Tote and Pouch. A soft lime green terry provides a soft dry place for changes on the go. Built into the pad are two leak proof pockets for all changing essentials. With three folds the pockets wrap around The Pad and secure with a Velcro closure for compact storage and travel. The Pad fits neatly into The Pouch."

Well, that's the info! It's $115 on www.boibie.com with free shipping. Naturally, I'm intrigued! What does everyone else think?

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

mattysmom
05-02-2004, 10:05 PM
It looks neat to me - sort of European looking - Swedish? Kind of an Ikea look... YOU are my diaper bag expert - I love reading your reviews of all of your bags! If there's a good return policy, go for it! It looks unique and fun!

jec2
05-02-2004, 10:32 PM
The bag is cool looking. I wish it had the dimensions listed. I also love that site...they have some great things. I love the crib bedding! And those mobiles are cute and the rock-it chair! Yikes. I think I might have to bookmark this site :)

lmariana
05-02-2004, 10:45 PM
I know, I love that site! I haven't ordered anything from them, but their products are just so unique and hip. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

lmariana
05-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks! I think I probably will try it out, for the sake of the boards. ;) Oh the sacrifices I make...

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

kathsmom
05-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Mariana,

You really must stop showing me all these bags! I keep telling DH about them and I say, "But, honey, Mariana has one and she just LOVES it." (referring to the Mothership, Skip Hop, Loom, etc). He is not going to let me meet you, because then I'll actually get to see them IRL and want them more! LOL! :)

How do you keep coming up with all these new bags? You really are a bad, bad girl to tempt me like this.

lmariana
05-02-2004, 11:35 PM
I'm sorry! Your husband can complain to mine; he can relate! This bag thing has always been a sinful addiction of mine. I started young when my grandmother taught me how to sew little purses for my dolls. It was all downhill from there. :)

Hey, at least we're not shoe addicts like on Sex and the City. I think my husband is a little more receptive to a collection of $100 baby bags than a closet full of $600 strappy sandals. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

emmiem
05-03-2004, 12:23 AM
The website is not too informative as too what colors. Just navy!? No way. Interesting concept however.
Michele

lmariana
05-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Well, I have emailed them for more information about the size, color, etc. I'll let you know what I hear back!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

lmariana
05-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Will the bag stand on its own?
When the bag has is some what full it will stand on it's own.

Are there any other colors currently available or in the works?
Other colors are in the works, but no eta as of yet.

How long is the shoulder strap?
The strap drop is 20" ( this is the way a strap is generally measured)
The length is 34"

What color and material is the interior?
The bag is unlined - so the interior is blue also. This makes it possible to
throw the whole thing in the wash without problems.

What are the dimensions of the tote?
The Tote is 18"X 14"

What is your return policy?
14 days money back- unused with tags. Buyer pays return shipping.
(The bag must be in such condition as to be resold!)
(Retain original packaging)

There you go! I think I'm going to hold off on this bag. I like a longer drop for my straps, and I am concerned that the lack of lining may lead towards a "black hole" effect. But it does sound cool if someone else is interested in checking it out!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com