PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Mothership Not Entirely Waterproof!

jk3
05-03-2004, 10:22 AM
I have the white corduroy Mothership. I was so excited to have a white bag that I thought would not get dirty due the fluid-proof outer shell. Well coffee spilled on the outside and seeped in through the vinyl. Very sad!

humblemama
05-03-2004, 10:42 AM
What a bummer! :-( Sara

robmab719
05-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Oh no! How on earth do you clean that when it's covered by vinyl?

jec2
05-03-2004, 12:16 PM
I would contact the company. They adverstise it as a "fluid-proof shell" and well, yours wasn't. The logic of having the vinyl is to protect the bag from inevitable mommy/baby messes. Yours obviously failed to be protected adequately. I think they'd like to hear that the fluid-proof was anything but with yours.

jk3
05-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks! I sent an email to the company and if that doesn't work perhaps I'll call. I'm not great with confrontations but I'll keep everyone posted if they reply.

=)

jec2
05-03-2004, 01:07 PM
But, it is so not a "confrontation." I tend to think of it is a 'hey, FYI, your "fluid-proof" vinyl covering really isn't fluid-proof and I have the stain to illustrate. Might want to re-think your advertising/selling points."

Telling them that one of the reason you bought the bag is for that feature and that feature isn't what you thought it was. They would probably be glad to get some feedback about their product. And, if they are rude or ignore you, well, you've got a community of mamas that would want to know that they don't provide good customer service and don't stand behind their product..

jk3
05-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Thanks! I feel a bit more empowered so if I don't hear back I'll definitely call. I love the bag in every other way so I'm hoping I can fix it in some way so I can use it again. Thanks for the advice!

humblemama
05-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I think they will be responsive.... it probably leaked through the stitching ( that has happened to me on other stuff). Unless it's sealed with heat or something it is only water resistant, not water proof! Good Luck. Sara

boys2enough
05-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi, sorry to hear that. What a bummer! I have been telling people I know about this white bag that won't get dirty. Here are some more "conumser power" coming your way... {{{{GGGRRRRR POWER}}}} Please keep us updated. Did you mention that you belong to a group of diaper bag fanatics? That should make them stop and heed what you have to say. ;-)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

jk3
05-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Fleurville responded to my email + they will send me a new bag. All I need to do is to send back the old bag + pay 10 dollars for shipping. I'm so excited! Thanks for your help.

=)

lmariana
05-04-2004, 08:46 AM
That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

lstef plus2
05-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Yah!! I am glad they responded and your new bag is on the way

jec2
05-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Happy Day!!!!! I'm glad you followed up :)

khakismom
05-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Yikes, I just saw this post! I'm so glad Fleurville was responsive. The few times I have "talked" to them (via email :)), thay have always been so nice, accomdating, and very helpful. I'm glad they followed thru with good customer service. Good for you!