PDA

View Full Version : Question for fleurville mothership experts

anutalp
05-03-2004, 11:59 AM
I want to order fleurville diaper bag from right start (now on sale).
Do you know any other colors that are available in the stores besides indigo and pink? What looks prettier IRL indigo or pink? I'm just trying to make my mind which one to order?
Thanks,

robmab719
05-03-2004, 12:42 PM
I think some stores also have the light blue. You just have to call around and check.

I'd really suggest checking them out IRL if possible. Normally, I love pink, but the pink Mothership was a little too over-the-top for me. On the other hand, the indigo is very dark (including on the inside), so I'd be a little worried about the black-hole effect with that one. If I were getting another one, I would probably go with the pink stripe, but I don't think that one is available at Right Start. Sorry I can't be of more help.

anutalp
05-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks.
I also like pink stripe but I think unfortunately that one is not on sale...:(

jk3
05-03-2004, 01:02 PM
The pink one is a lot of pink but the brown interior is pretty. The indifo, though dark, is a sharp looking bag and it's probably great for all seasons.

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
05-03-2004, 01:17 PM
I received my Mothership in Indigo last week from Right Start. I probably called at least ten stores and they only had either Indigo or Pink. I'm pretty sure someone else found out that those are the only colors that they ever stocked. The Indigo is a very dark denim with navy blue lining. For me I felt it would be the most versatile for season, outfits, etc. I didn't want to second guess, so went with a safe choice for me. The lining is quite dark, but for me not really an issue. I do get more of a "black hole" than on my fushia lined Marsupial. I did see the pink IRL as well. It is nice, I would almost call it a bit of a luminescent pink. Both are completely covered in vinyl, so are quite shiny IRL. I don't think that you can go wrong with either for such a great price. At least that was my thinking!!!!
I do have a pic in a post below (although it doesn't really show color too well), but can send more if you need them.
HTH,
Gretchen

anutalp
05-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Thank you so much for your reply.
May I ask how much did you pay for the bag and for shipping and where did you order it? I called 4 stores and 4 of them had different rates for shipping starting from 5.95 to 12.95...
Thanks,

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
05-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I paid $71.98 plus $3.60 tax plus $10.00 shipping, for a total of $85.58. I had it shipped from the Annapolis, MD store. We live in PA, which is not too far, but they told me it was based on cost of the item. Interesting that the quotes are so different, maybe it is based on distance?? Let me know what you decide and if you have any more questions. Glad to help!!
Gretchen

houseof3boys
05-03-2004, 02:06 PM
I really like how dark the Indigo is, but then I'm normally a black everything girl. I think it is year round and the dark interior is not the problem I thought it would be. Most stuff isn't so dark that you are putting in the bag anyway! I used to carry a black makeup case and now I use my zebra kate spade instead so it's easy to spot it in the bag.

Never saw the pink, but this would seem very spring/summer to me.

cimberdog
05-03-2004, 02:46 PM
I went and looked at them this weekend and I agree - the pink is a luminescent type of pink, which I thought was very pretty but because of the bag size, it's a lot of pink. The indigo color was a very dark blue - darker than dark blue jeans. It's not close to black or anything, but has more of a navy blue type color to it. It looked to be about the exact same color as on the Fleurville web site:

http://www.fleurville.com/mothership.asp

All our Right Start stores closed around here and I really wanted the pink stripe so I went into a local store and bought one there:) It IS big, but I love it!!!

anutalp
05-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks for your replies.
I just ordered pink stripes from Hanna Andersson with 20% off - for $120. I always wanted that one. Now I'm just waiting for my bag :)