PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you choose?

blnony
05-03-2004, 02:22 PM
As you can tell, I'm on the war path of finding another diaper bag. :D
Here are the two that i think I've narrowed it down to, but now I'm stuck.

Choice 1: Bumble Mocha Stripe bag
Edited to add: the attachment is the Mocha Stripe bag
or

Choice 2: Petunia Toddle Tote in Yacht Club

http://www.petuniapicklebottom.com/product_detail.phtml?id=17

toomanystrollers
05-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Brianna,
I'm going to vote for the Bumble - love the fabric and the messenger style strap. NOw lets us know what you're going to order and what's the best price you found.

Why did I have to look at that bumble LOL :)

lmariana
05-03-2004, 02:51 PM
I vote for the Bumble too! I think the colors are more multi-seasonal than the Yacht Club Toddler Tote, which looks very Spring/Summer-y.

You'll have to do a full review when you get it!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

redhookmom
05-03-2004, 02:51 PM
I would get the Petunia Toddle Tote. (I think I just might) It is just beutiful

I don't do well with flaps as on the Bumble Mocha.

Can't wait to hear which one you choose.

Chelsey333
05-03-2004, 02:53 PM
I love the Bumble one! I also like the Petunia one, but like the Bumble one a little bit better. Please review it when one of them comes in. Good luck on your decision!

blnony
05-03-2004, 04:25 PM
I've been leaning towards the Bumble bag too. I think the PP may be a little too much like what I already have; and I want something different.
I wish Fleurville had a smaller version of the Mothership. I love the bag, but its just to darn big for what I need.

murpheyblue
05-03-2004, 05:11 PM
I love the Bumble. It's so cute!!

Ali
Mom to Megan 9-28-03

heidi_timms
05-03-2004, 05:15 PM
The Bumble and the Petunia Toddler tote are totally different in size! I couldn't believe how small the toddler tote is. My bumble is the larger messenger. I had the smaller version for a short period. Long story, but the designer sent me a used bag which was supposed to be new when I won my ebay auction from her. I had to exchange for a different color/size, which took 3 months!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

blnony
05-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Heidi-
I'm thinking of the smaller messenger in the Bumble.
Could you wear just on your shoulder or does it have be worn "messenger" style only?

lmariana
05-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Brianna,

Have you seen Fleurville's Alpha 7? It's smaller than the Mothership. They also have the Escape Pod, which is really small. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

blnony
05-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Yes, the Alpha 7 still is a bit big and just not what I had in mind but i may look closer. The escape pod is is a weird little bag (sorry if I offend anyone) but it doesn't look very practical with the zipper down the middle and all. If it is more practical than I suspect, I'd love to know though.

lmariana
05-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Yeah, the Alpha 7 is still a big bag! I haven't seen the Escape Pod in person yet, I think it's just a super-sized clutch type bag. Darn it, they are either too big or too small!

Oooh, you know who else makes a cute Mothership-esque bag? www.chriscarterla.com They are tote style, but still covered in vinyl, and so are www.timiandleslie.com and www.chesterhandbags.com. Maybe one of these will work out better? I haven't seen the timi and leslie bags in person, but they may be large too. The chester bags are either tote or backpack style, and I love my Chester tote!

Let me know what you think!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

kathsmom
05-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Mariana,

Baby Cakes in Duluth has Timi and Leslie bags! ;) I love the large Bebe bag, but I think that I need something smaller. I would love to get a Chester Toddler Tote, but I don't think they make them anymore. At least I don't see them on the website.

Brianna,

I like the Petunia Pickle Bottom. I like how messenger bags can be worn over the shoulder or across the body. However, those flaps on messenger bags drive me insane! That's just my preference though. I do think that the Bumble looks nice though if you like the messenger style bag.

heidi_timms
05-04-2004, 03:23 AM
I just wear mine on my shoulder. Mine is sort of big and I usually don't like stuff across my chest like that. It's nice that you can wear it backpack style if you like, but it has to be on both shoulders because it's so square and hangs otherwise. And as I mentioned before, It hangs well over restaurant chairs with the backpack straps and I can hang it over my Mac Quest umbrella handles.

It doesn't have tons of pockets inside, just a warning. The main compartment has two deep pockets and the front part, where the changing pad is has two compartments. The other two are on the outside sides of the bag. I'm pretty sure the organization for the pockets is the same in both the big and small messengers.
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

blnony
05-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Well, If I needed a bigger tote (and if imaginary baby #2 ever comes along, I might) I will be getting that Red Flower Chester Classic Diaper Bag for sure.
Those bags are adorable. I'm still thinking about it even though I don't need it, not really, I guess...;)
Which Chester tote did you get? I like the Candy Stripe too.

amyff
05-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Hi,
I was so sad that I missed out on the WW co-op (my e-mail got returned). So I participated in a little retail therapy by ordering the Petunia Pickle Bottom "Hamptons" Toddler Tote and the Escape Pod in pink last week. I was curious about both and I decided that if I don't like them I can always send them back (Brown's on 5th). I currently just have a Vera Bradley Microfiber backpack, a Land's End Messenger (DH's truck bag) and a LE deluxe backpack for airline travel. I don't like to carry a ton so I thought at least one of these may fit the bill. I will post a review as soon as I get them (they said they should get the Escape Pods in about a week).

lmariana
05-04-2004, 04:25 PM
I got the Ditsy Stripe. One of the reasons I like their bags, besides the total cuteness, is that even though they look small, they really hold a whole lot. Chester bags end up on Ebay from time to time. There's a Zebra print one on there now.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

lmariana
05-04-2004, 04:27 PM
I'll have to check out Baby Cakes! I pass by it on 141 every time I get my car serviced, I just need to hop in there one day!

Thanks!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com