PDA

View Full Version : snazzyseat co-op

stacyleigh
05-04-2004, 04:58 PM
I don't post on this board much....mainly lurk or post at layette but just wondered if there would be any interest in a snazzyseat co-op. I have been emailing with Kristie and this is what she can offer...

"The discount would be for 20% off any product with an online donation
of
$5.00 or more to the LAF through the link provided. In addition to
that, we
could also include a free bib. I could extend this offer until May
12th,
which is just about a week.

You may also want to let the BBB members aware that the price of the
SnazzySeat has changed and been lowered to $84.00 and the discount for
20%
would be off of the $84.00. I think most of them still think the price
is
$98.00.I found a lower price for some of my fabrics and was able to
lower
the price, we also decided not to sell the SnazzySeat to stores, which
also
helps keep the price low."

Please reply to this post if you are interested so I can let her know how much interst we have (not certain how many we have to order to get it). If we have enough she will give me a code to order!!

Check out the seats they are beautiful!! www.snazzybaby.com

stacyleigh
05-04-2004, 08:17 PM
We need to have 5 people to get the discount! :)

matthewsmom
05-04-2004, 10:55 PM
I was wondering if the 20% off could be used with the cleareance items. Thanks!

petersmom
05-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Thanks for looking into this!!
I may be interested,either in one of the sale fabrics or really like some of the fabrics on back order. Is there a long wait? DD is 5 months, so not in a great hurry.
Thanks,
Stephanie
:)

sugarsnappea
05-05-2004, 08:51 AM
I am interested in a clearance fabric too.

stacyleigh
05-05-2004, 09:40 AM
I will email her about the clearance fabrics to see if she will include those. I DO know that those fabrics are an older version so just double check that you are okay with the features they have. I really love the lulu fabric but want to get the new style. ;)

If there is a certain backordered fabric you are interested in let me know and I can check with her! or there is an email link to her on the site!

petersmom
05-05-2004, 10:47 AM
I like the:
who me?,
luau lulu, and
the purple looking silk one
in that order.Not sure what the diffrence between the two styles are???
Thanks,
Stephanie

stacyleigh
05-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Yes she will include the clearance fabric/design in the sale! :)

From what I can tell on the site the difference is:

Old design includes:
1. Ric Rac Toy Loop 2. Smaller Pockets 3. White Safety Belt

New Design Exclusive Features -

Fits all size shopping carts/restaurant highchairs
Covers entire seat area
Reversible with a coordinating plush chenille
Exclusive sturdy metal toy attachments
Two large pockets for baby's sippy, bottle, or snacks
Large "Mommy Pocket" for wallet, cell phone or coupons
Exclusive key chain in "Mommy Pocket"
From 8 months to 3yrs old
SafetyBuckle/Convenient carrying strap
Exclusive padding that won't shift or bunch after washing
Exclusive Frog Closures keep your SnazzySeat neatly stored for easy transporting from car to shopping cart/restaurant highchair

(although some of those must be in the old design too!). If you have a specific question feel free to email Kristie. She is really great and responds quickly!!

I would like to know how many we have by Monday since Wednesday is our deadline. That way I can get a code so we have a few days to order. :)

sugarsnappea
05-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Thanks Stacy. Count me in.

petersmom
05-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Stacy,
Thanks for doing this.
I regret I won't be ordering one at this time.
I'm going to get one from sewcuteboutique to accomodate two children in a cart. I usually go out by myself with both my little ones. For $50 I'll give it a try
Stephanie,
Mommy to 21 month & 5.5 month old

dipstixclix
05-06-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm with you, Stephanie! If you really like the silkies or faux fur I've seen other websites that will make them for MUCH less (almost half price). They'll even credit you if you buy fabric you like if they don't carry it! I've been checking out covers4kids, sewcuteboutique, and takeastroll. I've read the great reviews on covers4kids and sewcuteboutique but haven't seen anything yet for takeastroll... I wonder how they all compare to SnazzyBaby, though. I guess it's like getting a Snazzy knock-off with EXACTLY what you want (fabric, reverse fabric, loops, etc).

I'm really into brocades right now after getting my Petunia Pickle Bottom bag. I might order a brocade with velvet or fleece reverse, or maybe denim reverse. I can probably get two for the price of one $nazzy, especially with the special that covers4kids is running right now ($67.98). She's even offering a special with pillow.

The flowers on the silky fabrics at SnazzyBaby are painted on the fabric so they inevitably fade with repeated washings. I've found some WOVEN brocades online and at JoAnn's.

Personally, I think SnazzyBaby is overpriced, even at their new "lower" price. And I've seen other posts of people who have had problems with them and had to send stuff back/exchange before. I just don't like dealing with a company with a questionable reputation and expensive products. Higher prices don't always mean higher quality. I'd rather get something done custom with love and pride in quality workmanship. Just my 2 cents...

petersmom
05-07-2004, 12:23 AM
I didn't mean to belittle the snazzy. I currently own a buggy bag for DH and paid $70 at the time plus S/H and worth every penny!!! Now I am just being realistic, i.e. with two in tow it is not feasible to by a single again. By the way I did purchase a cover 4 kids single for a friend, and honestly aftercomparing it to my buggy bagg, I was disappointed,and had I had enough time I would have returned it and bought her a buggy bagg.
That being said according to the web site the new snazzy appears to have everything the buggy has just in way cooler materials. I'm just sorry she doesn't make doubles!
Just my 2 cents
Stephanie

stacyleigh
05-07-2004, 01:17 AM
I admit they are pretty pricey...that is why I asked for the co-op! ;)

I had also been looking at other companies and may or may not get a snazzy if the co-op discount doesn't work out. There is no doubt to me that they are beautiful and I think alot of previous "issues" have been worked out! :)

momtoemma
05-07-2004, 10:02 AM
I would buy one too! I've been wanting to order one but didn't want to pay the new higher price.

Thanks!

dipstixclix
05-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Stephanie,
How come you were disappointed with Covers4kids? Was it not as thick? Or was it a quality issue?

I'll start a post asking about the differences between all the cart covers... there's so many to choose from!

I've been burned too many times but online retailers (I guess I'm too trusting) so when I hear about a deal gone wrong, it doesn't take much for me to write off that company. I assumed that smaller companies have better quality control and more incentive to treat their customers well but that has not always been the case and I guess that's why I'm biased against SnazzyBaby. Considering the $$$$ and the rampant competition, I didn't expect so many posts complaining about them. I guess if there was some guarantee that the previous "issues" had been resolved I might be interested in their co-op but Kristie does not seem so forthcoming and seems to blame the customers. I DO NOT want to be at the post office constantly mailing/returning items back and forth.

stacyleigh
05-10-2004, 01:11 AM
So it looks like we just have 3 (myself, sugarsnappea, and momtoemma). If anyone else is interested please reply to this post!

Since Kristie wanted me to secure 5 orders I am not sure what she will do. I will check in with her tomorrow and post back what I find out. Hopefully she will honor the discount to us anyways!

stacyleigh
05-12-2004, 12:43 AM
It looks like we are the only 3 interested in this co-op. Kristie emailed me yesterday and said she would still honor the co-op deal. She was to email me a code today but I haven't received it. I will post as soon as I do. :)

Note~She orginally wanted orders placed by tomorrow the 12th but I am hoping she will give us a bit more time since we are getting the code late.

Also....if anyone else is interested it is not too late!! :) Post here so I know!

sugarsnappea
05-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Thanks Stacy. The fabric I was interested in, Luau Lulu has now disappeared off her clearance pages. :( I will have to email her to see if it is still available.

stacyleigh
05-12-2004, 03:08 PM
and it will be good through the month of May. Again be sure to donate $5 to the LAF through the link on the website! :)

Kristie also asked that I pass this info along...

As a side note about our new production in case anyone would like
information:
All the SnazzySeats and infant SnazzyCovers are being produced by a
sewing
factory in California, so I personally inspect everything before it
goes
out. The factory has been in business for over 20 years and produces
baby
bedding sold in Babies R Us and also another private label boutique
baby
bedding line. They produce it all here in the USA and take good care of
their
employees. No child labor is ever used.
Thank again,
Kristie

If you have any questions feel free to email Kristie direct or post here and I will contact her.

I am gonna email her about the Luau LuLu fabric (I really liked that one too and don't have a good feeling about it since it is off the site) and also the backorderd Spring Bouquet. I will post her response when I get it.

So please share what fabric you decide on as I am a bit torn between Spring Bouquet, Floral Bloom and Red silky!

momtoemma
05-12-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm debating between berry silky and baby blossom silky. The berry silky is also on backorder, so I look forward to seeing your response about backordered fabrics.

stacyleigh
05-13-2004, 01:08 AM
here is her response:

The Spring Bouquet SnazzySeat's will be in stock in four-five weeks.
That
would make it the second week of June. The SnazzyCover's will be in
stock
next week. The Pink, Lilac, and Berry silky SnazzySeat's only, are on
backorder. The Ok Corral and Blast off are also very close to being on
backorder too. The same arrival date would apply to all.

hope that helps you! :)