PDA

View Full Version : Loom Marsupial Question

candybomiller
05-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Does this bag work well non-messenger style?

After staying away for MONTHS, now suddenly I'm diaper bag obsessed again. DS is almost 2, please someone talk me out of another diaper bag....

Besides the Loom, I'm also really interested in the WW bags, probably a tote style.

Any advice about which would be better? Or, do I maybe need both? :) I'm trying to convince DH that I need a new diaper bag to match my new minivan. So far, it's a no-go, but in the end I always win. Bwahaha.

That was an evil laugh, btw. :)

lmariana
05-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Actually, I prefer my Loom Marsupial on the shoulder and not as a messenger. The strap won't be quite as short as a tote, but it's still comfortable on me, and I'm 5'2". :)

Ronda posted earlier about how the Loom is a little too small for her newborn and toddler needs, and she was looking for a larger bag. I guess it depends how you pack, and what your children's needs are.

I also ordered a WW bag and cannot wait to receive it. From what I'm hearing, they are very cute. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
05-06-2004, 01:37 AM
I absolutely love my Marsupial. I usually do not wear it messenger style, though. I thought I would, but the shoulder strap is so comfy and stays on so well that I do not need to. I recently bought a Mothership, Marsupial and Alpha 7 and I must say the Loom is my favorite by far. (Of course, I haven't actually used the others yet-they still have the tags on- because I can't seem to leave home without my Marsupial!!) It is just an all around great bag- great organization and quality.
Oh, I also ordered a WW tote for a fun bag for me. I just couldn't resist!! It won't be my everyday bag, just something for a change of pace. And I'm looking for a minivan to match my new diaper bags!!! (what did you get and do you like it??)
HTH,
Gretchen
Lucian 12/18/01
Gabriel 8/22/03

Chelsey333
05-06-2004, 08:01 AM
I bought mine for a 2 yr old and a newborn and I wear it over my shoulder, not messenger. The strap is really comfortable. It might be a little big for just a 2 year old though, unless you use it for day trips. I haven't used mine too much bec it is a big bag and the baby isn't born yet. You could justify it by getting it for your longer trips out and get a smaller WW bag for your quick trips out!

candybomiller
05-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Gretchen,

I got a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan that I absolutely love. I upgraded when my 2001 Hyundai Elantra was totaled. I loved my Elantra, but it just doesn't even begin to compare with this minivan. I don't remember the exact color name, but it's a slate/light blue. I think it's beautiful.

My other choice was the Honda Odyssey, which I have been in love with for years. I honestly can't tell you why I went with the Grand Caravan instead. But I'm VERY happy with my decision.

lstef plus2
05-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Too funny. I have a Honda Odyssey in Silver and I did get a new bag to go with the new van. I ordered one of those Harvey Seatbelt Bags (yes, made entirley of seatbelts) in silver to match the color and the seatbelts of the van.

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
05-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Good thing I've ordered alot of diaper bags recently- I'll have more color choices to match the van to!!