PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE RE: LOOM CO-OP

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-07-2004, 06:39 PM
I hate to say to the Loom lovers out there that I have some bad news. Debbie just called and said that she spoke with the owner (or sales rep) of LOOM and there was a misunderstanding (for lack of a better word) in the offering of a co-op. I don't know all of the specifics since Tristan was being a bear and late for his nap, but I think it is based on other companies that sell the product being effected. And in defense of Loom and other companies this is often the case of companies choosing not to offer such opportunities since they owe it to all of their accounts to be fair etc...

So I might have the story slightly wrong, it was a casual misunderstanding...

Debbie did ask if she could honor the orders that have been placed since she is SO ethical in everything she does (it really is nice), and I think she had the blessing to do that, which I thank Loom for that and Debbie...

Our community is frequented by many store owners, sellers, etc... and not just a community of mommies/daddies wanting "bargains" and I think that is why some of these co-ops don't take wings and fly :)

I also heard from Debbie that I guess LOOM will not be having immediate discounts with any store on their Bandicot (????), now maybe over time but that is a common practice for products getting unveiled.

If you had sent Debbie an order for the Marsupial please call her she will honor your request.
919- 833- 1383...that is her store. PLEASE NOTE IF A CUSTOMER IS IN THE STORE SHE REFUSES TO BE ON THE PHONE, SO IF SHE SOUNDS QUICK, OR GREETS SOMEONE WALKING IN PLEASE KNOW THAT...that seems to be very important to her is to greet her customers in the store and give them top notch service...so just know that before you call.

I am sorry gals...
but understand...

robmab719
05-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Yay!!! I am definitely order #2!

Not sure what color yet, but as soon as I decide, I will email Debbie.

Thanks so much for settting this up, Neve. Hope we can get to 25!

ETA: That really is a pretty good deal. The Marsupial is $130 everywhere I've checked and the Watermelon Clutch is $20-25 everywhere. So you can get both for what the Marsupial alone would cost elsewhere!

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Both together are not as good as the previous co-op but she thinks it's because the company and the selling company both took a discount. In otherwords I think LOOM sold them the bags cheaper so they could share the discount.
Debbie said she couldn't match that with both...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

anutalp
05-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Sorry, I'll be waiting for co-op with a Bandicoot...:( I already have one Loom and one Mothership so I need something really different.
Anyway thanks for organizing it.

quikeye
05-07-2004, 09:58 PM
Think it will be possible to buy just the clutch...? :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-07-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm certain....Debbie is pretty cool!!!! I am certain she'd do that, she might charge you the pennies to ship it since I know the numbers and she is making almost nothing from it...but it shouldn't cost much to ship...I'm guessing, she might not, but would assume she would UNLESS we could get a big enough order from all of us and she might just do it...we'll have to ask her...email her and see...but she is really approachable!!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

lstef plus2
05-08-2004, 09:14 AM
O.K. I am really tempted to go in on this co-op.

I already have a Black Alpha 7, and an Indigo Fleurville Mothership, so I was thinking about the Blue Marsupial.

I am in need of a more summery color and was hoping to go with the Blue Bandicoot just to be different, but release is not until July/Aug--summer will be over.

So, your opinions on the blue. Is the blue neutral enough to take me through the summer, coordinating well with summer colors. I need to get a lighter colored bag in the mix and hoping the blue could take me through the summer

Any opinions please share....

MariFP
05-08-2004, 09:54 AM
I am in!! Not sure about the color yet. Thanks, Neve. You rock!

anutalp
05-08-2004, 12:01 PM
I have a blue one (thanks to Mariana) and I love it. The color is really nice - it goes great with summer cloth. The interior is light blue, so you have no problem finding your stuff inside. I live in WI, people here are not so familiar with designer's diaper bags. But got tons of compliments on my bag and they asked where did I get it.
I have pink striped fleurville which also has summer colors and it's huge!
If you need pictures of my loom, inside, outside I can do that.
Actually Mariana posted some nice pictures comparing black, moss green and blue in some thread not long ago.

etwahl
05-08-2004, 12:25 PM
the pink stripe is the one i LOVE but i've never seen one in person, and would love to see how this bag looks on someone, because i know it's supposed to be huge. i love my marsupial, so i know i'm okay with large.

in your opinion, how do the two compare size wise? is the fleurville A LOT larger? do you really love it? which do you like better?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

lstef plus2
05-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Ana,

Would you be able to post a picture of the Loom and Fleurville side by side so I can see size difference.

Thanks...

anutalp
05-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Tammy,
I love the pink stripe - it's big, much bigger than Loom. I'm 5'4" and I don't think it looks huge on me. I really love the color - it fits all my summer cloth. It will be great for beach, pool - the vinyl coating will prevent it from getting dirty and wet.
If you want I can take pictures comparing the Loom and Fleurville.
I own Fleurville only for a week or so (got it on Hanna with 20%code), so I'm not sure which one I like more.

anutalp
05-08-2004, 03:04 PM
If you need any other views just let me know.
I'll take some pictures of me with Fleurville later, right now I'm not in a "modelling condition" :)
Oh, and I have wrist bag in stripe pink for Fleurville and red-turkize clutch for Loom on their way. If you're interested I'll post some pictures with coordinating bags when I'll get them.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5689.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5699.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5703.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5704.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5705.jpg

Good luck with your decision.

lstef plus2
05-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the pictures. MMM- I am liking the Blue bag more that I see it in pictures and compring it to the Mothership.

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-09-2004, 12:50 PM
for taking the time to do that for us!!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

candybomiller
05-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Ana,

Thanks SO much for doing this! You just cemented my decision that a mothership would work better for my needs than the marsupial. Now I can cross that one off, and work on narrowing my list down even more.

You're a sweetie.

tny915
05-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Okay, I'm very new here, and until last week had no idea of all the bags there were out there so thank you all for educating me! Uh oh, this could turn into an obsession...

So I've just ordered a chestnut Alpha 7 as my own Mother's Day present and can't wait till it gets here! And now, after debating whether I really need more than one bag, I've decided I'd love a black Loom. How does a co-op work? Do I just email Debbie with my order, credit card, and address and wait for the bag?

TIA!

Terri
Baby Alyssa 5 1/2 months

Gayletmomto4
05-09-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm in and am trying to decide between red and the old standby black, maybe the blue as well. A couple of questions: what color is the interior in each of these three bags? Second, does the blue show dirt?

TIA

robmab719
05-09-2004, 09:27 PM
As far as I can tell (and granted, I haven't seen any of these bags IRL, only pics), the interior colors are:

Red has lighter red interior
Moss Green has cranberry interior
Blue has lighter blue interior
Black has taupe/light brown interior

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong!

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Email her your order...and your phone number and address...
If you work list your work number and list the "rough estimate" time on when she can get a hold of you at both.

She will call you IF we get enough orders, if not I will post and update, and I am hoping that she will still do such a deal even if our numbers are not what she said we'd need (just my wishful thinking)...:)

So you won't get called I assume for your cc number till it is over or near over in 2 1;2 weeks.

DO NOT EMAIL YOUR CC NUMBER!!!!!
For your safety!!!!

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

loewymartin
05-10-2004, 01:35 PM
I was wondering if you received an answer back from Debbie on whether you could order just the clutch. I'm thinking of getting one of those :-)

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

lstef plus2
05-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Neve

Do you have an update on this co-op. May be interested if the co-op is a go.

hardysmom
05-14-2004, 11:10 PM
I would like one!!

Stephanie

robmab719
05-18-2004, 04:59 PM
I understand, Neve. Thanks for trying. I think I will wait until I can see a Loom IRL. I'm just not sure if I'm going to love it or not. (Plus, I'm really enjoying my Mothership these days!)

Thanks again!