PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Miller Backpack Review

laurajaney
05-08-2004, 08:16 PM
I just wanted to offer a brief review of my new Nicole Miller backpack that I purchased from ebags for 20% off. (I'm told that it is also available at Pea in the Pod.)

I got this bag to use as an everyday bag for 2 y.o. DS and newborn DS. When my oldest was a baby I carried a Kate Spade microfiber messenger bag which I never loved. (Tragic for what I paid.) I knew I was going to need something bigger for 2 kids and wanted the hands-free perk of a backpack. The NM seemed like it would be roomy and if not chic, at least not unstylish.

Pros
1. So far, very spacious.
2. Love the outside cup holders.
3. Feels lightweight even when packed.
4. Outside velcro pockets are good for cell phone, pacies.
5. Cute lining fabric.
6. Separate compartment for changing pad, dirties, etc.

Cons
1. The buckle closure seems plastic-y. It's a weird combo of plastic & metal. It's a little stiff. Would prefer a magnetic closure.
2. Interior zipper pocket is shallow and insubstantial. (It seems to be made out of the lining.) I think my wallet would be too heavy for it, even if it were deep enough to hold it.
3. No other interior organization, which I personally don't mind that much because I fear pockets can potentially limit what you can fit in (tho I've never had a bag that was highly compartmentalized).
4. Value. (Pricey for what it is.)

All in all, I'm glad I got it, but I wish that it had cost less. For the price, however, I don't think I would repeat this purchase.

HTHS

That said, I can't wait to receive my WW backpack! And then there's that Mothership I picked up at the Right Start sale (to keep or not to keep?) And, Mariana, are you and I the only ones who think those Tote le Monde bags are so cute?!

You diaper bag girls are a really bad influence! I should have just stayed at the Strollers board. (LOL.)

Laura
Theodore Mason 3/30/02
Olover Foster 4/16/04

lmariana
05-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Yay Laura! I thought I was the only one who liked the Tote Le Monde! They seduce me with their pretty bright colors and water proof linings!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

ppshah
05-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Will either of you post pics of the inside of the tote le monde?

This one is on sale:

http://store3.yimg.com/I/totelemonde_1788_11941266

Ithink DH would kill me...but it's super cute and what a deal?