PDA

View Full Version : What bags have you returned/sold and why???

lmariana
05-09-2004, 01:45 PM
I was just curious, after reading the post on how many bags we have, it seems like many of us have returned, sold, or retired certain bags for various reasons.

I have returned:
1. Oi Oi Striped Messenger Bag- the strap was too short and not adjustable, and the exterior and interior was all cotton with no stain/water resistance so I was nervous about cleaning
2. Ice Blue Skip hop- love the bag, but got a different color (now have it in red and navy)

I have sold:
3&4. Loom Marsupials in Blue and Moss Green- nothing at all to do this the bag, I just liked my black one better.
5. Alpha 7 in Fiesta Stripe- nothing at all to do with the bag, just the color didn't suit me (traded for an Indigo Mothership)

That's it for me, how about everyone else?

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

candybomiller
05-09-2004, 01:59 PM
The bags I've sold are the combi urban sling messenger and a petunia picklebottom boxy backpack.

I hated the urban sling. Didn't fit right, didn't hold my stuff right, just flat out hated it.

I loved my ppbb. I miss it everyday and regret selling it. Not sure why I sold it, I think I thought I just wanted something new. I was wrong!

lstef plus2
05-09-2004, 02:08 PM
O.k. my turn

Selling :

ISM large tote. Loved the bag, but too small for my needs, upgrading to a 3 peas in a pod WW tote

Skip Hop in the pink courdory. Nothing wrong with the bag, also bought the black courdory and prefer to switch that from stroller to stroller then to switch bags.

Alpha 7 in the brown courdory. Have a Black canvas and thinking of purchasing the blue chocolate with the money from selling the brown courdory, so that I will have a more summer color bag in my collection.

Can't decide on my mothership color, have both the pink and denim/idigo blue and must sell or return one.

So, I have a lot of switching going on.......

suz
05-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Here's my return list:

1. Diaper Dude: I didn't like the feel of the material. I also wanted a bag that would stand on its own.

2. PPB Toddler Tote: The bag seemes a bit flimsy to me. I think I'm also biased against totes. I like wearing my bags messenger or backpack style.

3. Just got the nordstrom diaper bag for mother's day and I'm already thinking of returning that. I love the look of the bag, but I'm not crazy about the straps. I think I will have a difficult time keeping the straps on my shoulders. Too bad, I really love the print and all the cool pockets.

I'm using my brown alpha 7 bag exclusively and I really love it, but I would like something a bit more colorful for spring/summer. I'm thinking of getting a pink stripe mothership.

robmab719
05-09-2004, 09:33 PM
So far I have sold or returned:

ISM Large Dragonfly tote: too small, could never find anything without taking EVERYTHING out

Kate Spade Medium Baby Bag in Black: major black hole effect, too heavy when fully packed

Fleurville Mothership in Pink Chocolate: loved the organization and style, but hated the pink color (it was just TOO pink for me!); ordered the Purple Swirl version of the same bag instead

And I'm thinking of selling my Skip Hop. I love the concept, but it's just such a skinny bag that it's really hard to pack. I'm tempted to keep it for when I don't have to take as much stuff with us because it works so well on shopping carts and strollers. Such a dilemma!

khakismom
05-10-2004, 12:06 AM
Here are my returns and why:

1. LE DIA in red - bought 3 LE bags when everyone here was raving about them and then I discovered that they weren't really stylish enough for me, so I sold 2 but kept one that I do actually like and use quite a bit.

2. LE Little Tripper in red - same reason as above.

3. Belly Basics Mommy Tote in fern green - purchased when PG with E, no way could this fit everything with a newborn, plus I wasn't hot on the color. It looked brighter in the picture.

4. Petunia Picklebottom Toddler Tote in cucumber roll - too small.
5. Vera Bradley Baby Bag in blue/elizabeth - got dirty too easily, plus it was huge for one baby.

6. Kenneth Cole Reaction messenger in black - sold this to make room for others, I should've kept it. Awesome bag!

7. Eddie Bauer diape backpack - UGLIEST diaper bag on the face of the earth. This was a gift for my hubby and he used it twice. So off it went to make room for more. :)

8. Nicole Miller messenger in black - cute bag, but too bulky, plus I hated how the changing pad was attached to the bag. Plus, not enough pockets on the inside.

MichelleRC
05-10-2004, 10:03 AM
I have returned at one time or another:

1. Loom Marsupial in Black-too bulky without giving me enough inside space. The strap was too thick for my shoulders and while it is a nice, basic looking bag I felt like I was carrying luggage.

2. Eagle Creek parent survival pack-HUGE. I think I could have fit myself in there.

3. Eddie Bauer diaper backpack-not particularly cute, and at the time (DS was a newborn) I could not fit all my stuff in there.

4. A plain navy tote from BRU

I am still undecided on the NM Messenger. I love the brown color and all the pockets. My version has the changing pad velcroed instead of attached so I could take it out and use something smaller.

Michelle
DS #1 18 months
DS #2 due in September

marnay
05-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Roby, if you decide to sell your Skip Hop, let me know I might be interested!!!!

Naydene
[email protected]

>And I'm thinking of selling my Skip Hop. I love the concept,
>but it's just such a skinny bag that it's really hard to pack.
>I'm tempted to keep it for when I don't have to take as much
>stuff with us because it works so well on shopping carts and
>strollers. Such a dilemma!
>

cimberdog
05-10-2004, 03:12 PM
I purchased a few diaper bags before I even knew what 'fashionable' diaper bags could be!

1. Lands End Deluxe Diaper bag in brown. Still have this but only use it for overnights or weekends.

2. Lands End backpack in navy - it's for sale because we never ever use it.

3. Lands End Little Tripper in red. Can't stand it. Too small, and the way the bag zips open everything falls out. Bought it in red. It stained from where water got on it, and I also wrote Sam's name in it so I'm thinking of just throwing it away.

4. Sold the ISM summer bounty blue toile bag with changing pad and mommy pouch. Loved the bag, but the tote style didn't work well for me - the straps weren't long enough and I pack too much. So then I bought...

5. The ISM XL in the dragonfly pattern. Same accesssories (changing pad and mommy pouch). Bigger, but just not better since I still had the issues with the straps and still packed more than the bag seems to hold. So that's currently for sale.

6. Bought recently and LOVE the Fleurville Mothership in pink stripe. Hope my boy doesn't mind such a girlie bag, but I just love it. It feels big to me (which is both good and bad) but it finally meets my packing needs and I love the strap!

Now I want the little wrist bag and the Escape Pod though!