PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Escape Pod Review and pics

lmariana
05-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Well, the new Fleurville Escape Pod is just about the cutest thing ever. It includes a nice sized changing pad (looks like the same one that the Alpha 7 brings), two mesh/elastic storage sections, one small zippered pouch for loose change, one large zippered pocket, 2 pen holders, a key clip, an open pocket for the changing pad, and the large zippered pocket for the diaper/wipes. It also includes a little mirror.

All this comes in a clear vinyl covered exterior with nice nylon tote straps, and a nice nylon interior. The straps are short and cute. The bag zippers open, and I must say, all the materials are really nice. Nothing cheap in this bag, it even has nice zippers.

I have packed it with:
(1) diaper
(2) lip glosses
Eye drops
Pill case
Pacifier
A little cash
Cell phone
Pen

I can also fit the Wrist bag and a Beanie Baby inside easily. With all this, there is still a little space to spare, but I wouldn't count on too much more. I could also add a bib, a ziploc with Cheerios, and a board book.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any questions!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5770.jpg
Size Comparison with Mothership, Escape Pod, and Wrist Bag

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5766.jpg
Escape Pod inside fully packed Mothership

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5767.jpg
Escape Pod open

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5768.jpg
Escape Pod with changing mat (included)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5769.jpg
Inside detail

For more detailed images including a size comparison with a Loom Marsupial:
http://homepage.mac.com/lmariana2/PhotoAlbum1.html

My hubby said he ordered it from kidsnstyle.com and got it right away.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
05-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Ooooh, very cute. I may need to get one of these with possible Baby Oliver Co-op. I'm going to check out color options now! Thanks for the pics Mariana!
Gretchen

holliam
05-10-2004, 12:52 PM
I was oogling this one for its small size and I couldn't resist after seeing your photos.

I didn't see it on the Baby Oliver site so I just ordered it from http://www.kidsnstyle.com where it was listed for just $50! Shipping was pretty low too, less than $5.

Holli

lmariana
05-10-2004, 12:53 PM
That's where my husband got it from too. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

jec2
05-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Hi,

I love the escape pod, think I might have to have one too.

But, I wanted to let you all know that a few weeks back I emailed Johanna at Loom about how I liked my Marsupial and she informed me that Loom would be developing something like this (at that time I didn't know of Fleurville's Escape Pod). I had mentioned to her it would be nice especially if you could pop it in and out of a bigger bag. The Escape Pod and the MOthership allow this, which I think is fantastic for me and I want one. But, I know some of you have the LOOM and might be interested in waiting for that one so that your diaper bags/accessories will coordinate.

lmariana
05-10-2004, 01:09 PM
oooh, thanks for the scoop Juliette! I can't wait to see what Loom develops. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

jec2
05-10-2004, 01:11 PM
I had meant to post about this when she emailed me, but it totally slipped my mind until I saw this thread. So, didn't mean to "keep" the info from y'all :)

MariFP
05-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Mariana, it is really cute!!
Can I ask how you like the white Mothership? I was thinking of getting this color.
Thanks for the pics. Really cute!!

khakismom
05-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Mariana, thanks for the review and esp. for showing it compared to the Mothership and wrist bag. That really shows me its size. Thanks!!

I think I'll be purchasing this, but now I can't decide between blue or pink. I love the blue and am going to get a blue Alpha 7, but I wear more pink, plus I have the pink stripe Mothership. If only it came in the pink stripe, then my decision would be made. :)

candybomiller
05-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Mariana,

You are awesome for posting this. I think Fleurville should be paying you commission! Or at least give you a steep discount (and all your friends of course LOL).

lmariana
05-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Absolutely! A discount for me and my 200 closest BBB friends!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

lmariana
05-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Wow, do we have the same name??? I've NEVER met another Mariana.

I love the White mothership! It's a nice summery color, but it's still winter-friendly because of the corduroy. The caramel colored lining is nice and does not have the "black hole" effect.

Hope this helps!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

anutalp
05-10-2004, 06:05 PM
I also have a pink stripe Mothership, so I guess I'll be waiting for pink stripe Escape Pod or for dark color that I'll use in winter as well.
BTW Did you order the pink stripe wrist bag? I ordered one and can't wait till it comes :)

MariFP
05-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes, we do!! How cool is that? And my DD is Larisa, I've seen another Larisa around.
I will probably be getting the white. I think it is super stylish.
Thanks!!

DeborahM
05-11-2004, 09:02 AM
Oh, now I have to get one of these! I think I'll try and wait until the pink stripe is available.

Funny, when I started looking at this board (fairly recently) I only had 2 nylon diaper bags. In the past month I've added a Nordstrom and a WW bag, and I'm on my wag to being a real bag addict. I guess if I can't carry a purse around...... If my DH only knew, he'd take away my computer!! ;)

Deborah
Mom to Thomas and soon-to-be baby girl

khakismom
05-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Ana, you will love the wrist clutch! I used mine this morning in fact and it's so easy to carry. It's thin and not as big as the Loom clutch, but I still can fit money, credit cards and lipstick in it. I ordered mine right when it came out because I just couldn't wait. It's so sad, but Steve from Fleurville is used to me emailing him all the time now! :)

Twin Mom
05-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Mariana - What is the red striped bag in your Mothership? I really like the pattern. Is it a diaper holder?

Thanks.
Aileen

lmariana
05-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Aileen,

That's a freebie bag from Lancome! Isn't it fun?

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Twin Mom
05-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Very cute. Like the colors. I guess that is a good thing since now I can't go out and buy one...

Aileen

gatordee
05-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Thank you so much for posting these pcitures!! I'm new to diaper bag research and this is the firts time I've heard of teh Motehrship. The pics look good. Thank you!!

mattysmom
05-12-2004, 11:35 AM
How long are the straps on the escape pod? can you wear them on your shoulder? thanks!

lmariana
05-12-2004, 11:37 AM
No, the straps are pretty short, just right for everything in your hand or maybe around your wrist.

The only Fleurville bags with long enough straps to wear on your shoulder are the Alpha 7 and the Mothership, both are awesome bags! (www.fleurville.com)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

mattysmom
05-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Thanks! that's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure.

cimberdog
05-12-2004, 01:04 PM
I couldn't help myself! After seeing these pictures I ordered the Escape Pod in blue chocolate and the wrist bag in pink stripe to go with my pink stripe mothership! That white sure is pretty though! I was wishing they made an Escape Pod in white so it would match my mothership, but I figured the blue would be ok sine I do have a son, after all and am trying not to have *too* much pink!

lmariana
05-12-2004, 01:05 PM
If you feel really crazy, you can order the white Escape Pod when it comes out at the end of June! Woohoo!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

cimberdog
05-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Oh no! They ARE coming out with a white Escape Pod??? ACK! Of course I think something is wrong with me because I was thinking of ordering ANOTHER Mothership (in white) just so I had another cool bag...

candybomiller
05-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Nope, nothing wrong with you. Perfectly normal. :)

kathsmom
05-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Cimberdog,

I e-mailed Steve at Fleurville yesterday morning asking if the Escape Pod would be available in white corduroy. Here is his response:

Toni,

Thanks so much for contacting us!! We will be shipping White Cord Escape Pods and Wrist Bags in July. Please let us know if there are any more questions!!

Best,

Steve and the Fleurville Team

I am interested in getting the white Mothership, Escape Pod, and wrist bag. I wonder if we could pre-order the Escape Pod in white from kidsnstyle.com using the current 10% discount. I really want the Mothership, but since my DS is almost 20 months old, I wonder if I really need something that big. Of course, I will have to get the Mothership if I want white, because there isn't a white Alpha 7! I am still debating on whether or not to get the Loom Bandicoot. Decisions, decisions, decisions! :)

sbjf
05-14-2004, 05:06 AM
I love the look of this Escape Pod! I am going to get one when the white comes out. Mariana, I'm also thinking of getting an Alpha 7 now, but I need it in a neutral color since my Marsupial is already red. I emailed Fleurville and asked if it may be coming out in white or khaki, we'll see. If not maybe I'll have to go with black or blue.

Anyway, can you post pics of the Escape Pod inside of a packed Alpha 7? I love your pics, they are amazingly helpful!!!

Thanks!

ETA: I just went to look and found this http://www.diaperbags.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=149 a brown corduroy Alpha 7, the look is perfect, BUT, I need water/stain resistant fabric on the outside as well and I'm not sure if this has that, what do you think??

ETA: Now I see this one... http://www.pokkadots.com/itemsDetail.cfm?item_num=FL-ALPHA7&pcid=182&cid=191 it's the Alpha 7 in Chestnut Corduroy and the description says "The new style features a Teflon coated and waterproof fabric in addition to all of Fleurvilles standard hit features."

This might be the one, even though it's a tad darker than I had in mind at least it is neutral and stain proof in and out. I'm not in the market for it right now, but one of these days I'll grab it or another Alpha 7 if they come out with a lighter neutral one.

lstef plus2
05-14-2004, 09:27 AM
I have the Brown Courduroy one--the first one you mentioned. The Fleurville label on the bag states: Stain proof fabric with water proof backing.

E-mail me at lstef401@ aol . com (no spaces) for details--possibly trying to find a new home

lmariana
05-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey Bonnie! I actually think those two are the same bags, just different pictures. I had the Fiesta Stripe, which is also a corduroy fabric. While it wasn't water-proof or coated like the blue chocolate is, it did repel water pretty well.

I put a couple drops on there to see what would happen, and they just rolled right off. I didn't spill a whole cup of anything on there, but I don't think it would just soak in like a sponge or anything...

As soon as a I get my Alpha 7 in blue chocolate (won it off Ebay), I'll post some pictures!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Truska
06-18-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm not Cimberdog, but is this really true? Wow...this would be awesome! I'm totally new to these boards, but I'm completely and totally in love with the Fleurville bags! I just pre-ordered a Bandicoot (Loom), but would still *love* a white Escape Pod (and a wrist clutch...oh, and maybe a Mothership! Ssshhhh!)!

Any updated idea of when they might be out?

>Cimberdog,
>
>I e-mailed Steve at Fleurville yesterday morning asking if
>the Escape Pod would be available in white corduroy. Here is
>his response:
>
>Toni,
>
>
>
>Thanks so much for contacting us!! We will be shipping White
>Cord Escape Pods and Wrist Bags in July. Please let us know if
>there are any more questions!!
>
>
>
>Best,
>
>
>
>Steve and the Fleurville Team
>
>
>I am interested in getting the white Mothership, Escape Pod,
>and wrist bag. I wonder if we could pre-order the Escape Pod
>in white from kidsnstyle.com using the current 10% discount.
>I really want the Mothership, but since my DS is almost 20
>months old, I wonder if I really need something that big. Of
>course, I will have to get the Mothership if I want white,
>because there isn't a white Alpha 7! I am still debating on
>whether or not to get the Loom Bandicoot. Decisions,
>decisions, decisions! :)
>
>