PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of a SKIP HOP/ or HOPP diaper bag

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Debbie told me she might order from them and I wondered if I was going to get my marsupial and wish I had one of these.

Unless it is a solid color I wouldn't regret it, that I know...
Anyone heard of them...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

holliam
05-10-2004, 05:55 PM
I got it because it hooks on to the stroller so well. I am just planning on leaving it attached to a stroller.

It's definitely not nearly as big as a Marsupial and it's more gender neutral too I think. I like it a lot but I haven't put it into practice yet.

I really want a red courdory one so I'd be up for another co-op!

http://www.skiphop.com

Holli

mattysmom
05-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Hi Neve,
I know you're a newbie to the diaper bag page - you are such an expert on so many other pages! There are a lot of Skip Hop fans around - and we got a BB discount from babybox.com back in March...

I love this bag and use it as my everyday bag for ds (who's one week older than your ds). What's cool about it is that you can snap off the strap and then hook it onto your stroller or shopping cart. Or otherwise it's a nice, low-profile (pretty narrow) messenger bag). Mariana (the REAL expert on the subject) has some nice pictures of hers on a previous posting.

But, check out www.skiphop.com.

This is a great, sporty, pretty casual and functional, yet I think it's cool (and dh likes wearing it too!)

I'm sure you'll get other responses - lots of folks love this bag!

Jeanmick
05-10-2004, 05:56 PM
There have been plenty of discussions about this diaper bag! Do a quick search and you'll find that many moms love it. Here's the website:

http://www.skiphop.com

I don't have one, but I've considered getting one. I saw a mom using one IRL today (she was wearing it on her shoulder). It's more
flimsier (not stiff) than I thought, but it looked like you could put a lot of stuff in it. I just wonder how comfortable it is on the shoulder when it's loaded.

lmariana
05-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Hey Neve!

I have a Skip Hop and love it. I use this when I know I'll be running a lot of errands in one day. My favorite feature is how it can attach to your stroller or (my fave) the shopping cart at stores! I hook it on at Target or the grocery store while I shop. That way, my arms are free and it doesn't take up any precious cart space. I can also stick a drink for myself in the exterior bottle holder, so I can sip my Chai Tea Latte while I cruise Target.

I wouldn't necessarily buy one instead of a Loom though. They are very different bags, and I think they each have their unique benefits. The Loom will stand on it's own, has nicer fabrics, contrasting lining, insulated bottle holder, a dirties bag, and two external bottle holders. The Skip Hop lacks the insulated bottle holder and dirties bag, does not stand on its own (voluntarily), is more sporty, but does have a more adjustable strap, works way better on a stroller, and it's not at all bulky when you carry it. Not to mention, it's about $50. :) It lacks a little in style, but with a wide variety of color choices, you'll still be pleased.

The Skip Hop's most frequent complaint is it's narrowness. It doesn't bother me, but depending on how you pack, it may be a nuisance. I wouldn't use the SH as a primary bag with a newborn or multiples, and I don't think it's the ideal all-day-out bag.

To summarize, I love this bag! It's great for dads and outings. Doesn't look like a diaper bag, but does an awesome job and has great organization.

I'd carry it in my store!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

wagner36
05-10-2004, 06:44 PM
We love our Skip Hop. We've been traveling quite a bit lately, and it has been an absolute lifesaver, especially going through airport security, etc. DH (who is a SAHD) likes it a lot and has no qualms about carrying it at all. If I'm going to be out and about with C for long periods of time, I usually take something more stylish, but overall, it has suited our needs incredibly well - and it was dirt cheap - $50!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Funny Debbie mentioned it this morning and I said "I've never heard of it..." but you'd be proud I admitted that I knew nothing about diaper bags :)....

I will share that there is a following and that it is probably a good thing to have on hand!!!!

I am not certain if she will offer this is a co-op, she would like to clear this with the company I am sure before doing it...but I'll check...

Thanks ladies!!!!
I am such a diaper bag nerd!!!!!....but will try to work on that!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

jk3
05-11-2004, 09:04 AM
If these are available in coop, I'd love to get one! Thanks for all of your work. =)

khakismom
05-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Neve, I've been waffling about this bag back and forth about buying it, but if it was available in Debbie's co-op, I would definitely be getting one. Please keep us posted! THANKS!!

amp
05-11-2004, 03:02 PM
I have been eyeing this bag too, but alas, I have no idea what I want in a diaper bag and I can't spend money to figure it out. They are all so darned expensive and even though I get frustrated w/ my bag, it works, so I never buy others. Sad, isn't it?

smomom
05-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Andrea,

I admittedly have my spending vices, but I put myself on a tight budget when it comes to diaper bags. I just sucked it up and bought a Skip Hop. As sad as it is, the $50 price tag was the max I wanted to spend for a new bag.

I am really happy with it so far. It's too small and narrow for heavy packing, but perfect for shopping and quick outings. I love using it at the grocery store because I can just strap it to the shopping cart and not be weighted down or have my bag covered by food at the checkout line. I just have to make sure I have my shopping cart cover with me, because Sage has figured out that the diaper bag is full of goodies. He spends the whole time reaching into the bag - thankfully the shopping cart cover covers up the bag. I haven't used it with my stroller yet. I really like the fact that it has so many outer pockets. The interior only has two side pockets and the open area, but there are muliple external pockets for keys, small toys, etc. in addition to the cell phone and bottle holder. i don't know what you're needs are in a bag, but I have been happy with mine.

If we can ever coordinate the KC get-together you can see mine IRL!

amp
05-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Dana - Thanks for the review. I am concerned about the narrowness of the bag, since my current bag is much more square and boxy (Eddie Bauer) and it works fine I guess. I don't love it, but it isn't bad either. I like the idea of being able to carry it on the stroller bar or shopping carts, because, like you, mine gets covered in groceries by the end of the shopping trip! I'd love to see how much yours carries and how it's packed if we can every coordinate our outing! Thanks!