PDA

View Full Version : Summertime Diaper Bag Essentials?

LD92599
05-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Quick question...i should know the answer since DS was around last summer...but now that he's walking, etc...needs change!

So...what is in your diaper bag for the summer that might not be required for the winter? I'm thinking stuff such as:

Sunscreen
Hat
Sunglasses
Bug Spray
some type of antiseptic wipes (thinking skinned knees!)
etc....

I want to pack a spare bag for each car...I'm not one to carry a TON and tend to prefer to leave the might-need-once-in-awhile gear in the car.

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

redhookmom
05-11-2004, 02:35 PM
When we go to the park in the summer I put a small washcloth in a ziploc with a few icecubes. When we are done playing and all sweaty and hot is nice to have the cloth to cool off the kids faces and necks.

I also keep jackets in the car during the summer just in case a cool night comes along and we are still out and about.

egoldber
05-11-2004, 02:48 PM
I don't keep that kind of stuff in the diaper bag, I just put it in a plastic Rubbermaid tote in the car. I don't change what I carry in my bag with the seasons.

HTH,

LD92599
05-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Beth:

That's what I am planning on doing...keeping a box (or bag!) in the trunk of each car w/ stuff. Right now it's packed for "winter" so I need to change the clothes, etc. Plus now w/ skinned knees, etc on the horizon plus more playground play, I'm thinking about first aid type stuff (I picked up a mini first aid kit). Tonight I saw Bacitracin wipes..i thought that might be good (one or two) to keep handy esp for possible skinned knees!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

daisymommy
05-12-2004, 08:44 AM
As far as an extra bag to keep in the car, the one that I have and love is on sale right now at Target. It is a very large vinyl/waterproof tote bag in bright summery prints, with a small outside pocket. It is with all the other summer/outdoor stuff. Now, this is not at all a bag I would carry around around with me as a diaper bag, but it's perfect to sit on the floor behind the seat in my car (or go in your trunk) and stay there to hold a bunch of stuff. It needs to be big for me, because here's whats in mine now:

-Maya Wrap sling
-Cart seat cover (rolled up)
-Extra diapers and wipes
-Snacks and mini Gerber juice bottles
-Extra sippy cup
-First Aid Kit
-Couple of toys
-Antibacterial Wet-Ones wipes
-lightweight jacket
-lightweight blanket (doubles as a changing pad)
-One piece outfit

It may seem excessive, but I have used every single thing in there at some point in time, and ws so glad it was there. Otherwise, I would have had to go all the way home to get extra diapers, snacks, etc. and cut my outing short.