PDA

View Full Version : Nordstrom Rack - $37 for Asian print diaper bag - PICS added!

Momof3Labs
05-11-2004, 02:54 PM
I was at Nordstrom Rack today and saw some cute diaper bags with Asian print fabrics - you know, the silk look-alike fabric. They were boxy in shape and could be either a shoulder/messenger type bag or a backpack. Kind of like one of the higher price bags I've seen posted here, but I really don't know my diaper bags well! Lined in waterproof material, seemed to have good interior pockets, included a changing pad. I think it was a Shanghai mommy bag or something like that?

Anyways, I don't know if this is a good deal or not, but seemed like an affordable but stylish diaper bag in general, so wanted to pass on the word!

cchavez
05-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Lori, what brand were they??? I don't know if Petunia Pickbottom ever made a "Shangia" print......I called my Nordstrom Rack and they don't have any. DH is actually in chicago right now but I doubt he is anywhere near a Nordstrom RAck.....I wonder if they would ship??? Sounds like a great deal!

Melanie
05-11-2004, 10:33 PM
I was at a Nordstrom's Rack yesterday and didn't notice any.

I did find reference to "Shanghai Mommy Bag" on Right Start's website, but no photos. Bummer!

Momof3Labs
05-11-2004, 10:51 PM
It was at the Nordstrom Rack on State Street, just north of Madison Street (in the Loop, right near the Field's on State Street). I think that the brand was Kecci, so I'm trying to find something online like it. The style was almost identical to this on the outside:

http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?PMId=11831&tf=2&siteid=LINKCNm5g2oB9mw-7LyZ22jGAXsMli8g/0evyQ

ETA: Here they are!!! They retail for $58, so that was a pretty good deal. They had the red, the cream and the black print.

http://www.kecci.com/cgi-bin/TLSstore.cgi?kvar=shanghai

http://www.kecci.com/product/CM4000-13/CM4000-13-lg.jpg

http://www.kecci.com/product/CM4000-6/CM4000-6-lg.jpg

http://www.kecci.com/product/CM4000-1/CM4000-1-lg.jpg

I won't be back downtown until next Tuesday but would be happy to check for them if someone wants me to!

supercalifragilous
05-12-2004, 03:28 AM
I wonder how long the strap gets - I like the strap to be really long so I can wear it across my torso on my hip. I also wonder if it doubles as a backpack... I'll check out the kecci website! Thanks! These bags are really beautiful and compared to $120 for PPB, this is an absolute STEAL!!! What a great find!!!

What city/state are you in?

kristie
05-12-2004, 03:42 AM
Hi,

I would be interested in one, if you wouldn't mind looking for me too?
I was wondering if they may have a brown colored one? If not, that is okay, I would like the black one.

Thank you,
Kristie

toomanystrollers
05-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Lori,
I pm'ed you :)

Momof3Labs
05-12-2004, 09:34 AM
The strap seemed to adjust pretty long - you can see in the pic of the black one where the adjustor is on the strap; the doubled-over part is to the left so there is a lot of strap length.

Yes, it doubles as a backpack.

I saw this at the Nordstrom Rack in downtown Chicago (State and Madison).

Momof3Labs
05-12-2004, 09:35 AM
They didn't have brown yesterday, but I'll check for you next week!

ETA: If you click on the Kecci link in my post with the pics, you'll see that it doesn't come in brown at all. Sorry!

cchavez
05-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Lori, I might be interested too. I called Kecci b/c they are in Ft. Worth and hope they return my call. I want to know how well organized it is from the insides. DH might go meet a friend for dinner so maybe I can see if he can swing by downtown. I would be interested in the beige one.....Did they have many left? Do you think the prices will go down even lower?

Momof3Labs
05-12-2004, 11:30 AM
They probably had four of each color, give or take. I suspect that they will sell out before they get marked down, just because of the popularity of the Asian fabric bags, but it is only a guess!

cchavez
05-13-2004, 10:38 PM
What is the interior organizaton like? Thanks!

Melanie
05-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Lori those are gorgeous bags! I love that light color, but definitely not brave enough to get it. LOL. Are you getting one?

Momof3Labs
05-13-2004, 10:47 PM
There were a few small interior pockets against one side, but nothing fancy that I remember.

Momof3Labs
05-13-2004, 10:48 PM
They were VERY pretty but I'm a small diaper bag gal - I'm not sure how or why, but I think that I travel a little lighter (or maybe just don't go out for as long) as some of the other mamas on the board!

Timmersmom
05-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Lori, if you don't mind one more question about these bags, do you remember about how big they were? Could you possibly compare the size to some of the popular bags? Thanks!

Elizabeth

Timothy 3/11/02
DD due 7/5/04

Momof3Labs
05-14-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm not much of a diaper bag nut so can't compare this to other popular bags. I would say that this is about 14"x14"x4" (VERY roughly, maybe even an inch or two bigger on each of the dimensions).

entttc
05-16-2004, 10:22 PM
I bought one today, on my first postpartum shopping trip - it reminded me of the petunia picklebottom I didn't buy a few months ago. It's machine washable and has a changing pad, a few interior pockets. There are a few more- at the Nordstrom Rack in Rockville or Gaithersburg, MD.

cchavez
05-16-2004, 10:36 PM
DH picked up the beige one for me. I get it tomorrow when he comes home. Is is quite large. I am currently using a large bag.....I pack heavy. Right now I am thinking I need a backpack to use with my toddler.

supercalifragilous
05-17-2004, 01:33 AM
OOOOhhh... I'm really wanting one now... It's so nice that the Keccis are machine washable b/c the Petunias are dry-clean only! The fabric is fragile and snaggable so it's not a great "everyday" bag for me!

Can you measure how long (maximum length) the messenger strap gets?

And how does it turn into a backpack? Does it have separate straps that are totally removable like the Petunias or is it like the Alpha 7 where the straps just detach from the bottom and tucks into the back of the bag?

cchavez
05-17-2004, 10:42 AM
I don't have mine in my hands yet but I'll let you know asap! :)

Momof3Labs
05-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Can't answer the messenger strap question, but the straps are like the Alpha 7 that you describe (I've never seen a PP or Alpha 7 in person).

durga8
05-18-2004, 01:51 AM
none at our local nordstrom rack, sadly! if anyone can find a spare brown one and is willing to ship it to me, pls pm me and i can send you the $$!!

thanx,
durga8

cchavez
05-18-2004, 02:07 PM
I got mine yesterday. I like it especially the size and organization. I think it might be kind of "dressy" for my usual wordrobe but I will get over that. I am SAHM and today I am wearing work out shorts and a tank. We have spent all morning at the park and tonite I am going to the gym. :) I think the size and organization is similar to the alpha 7 but remember I have only seen the Alpha 7 once and it was not packed. I will probably use it primarily as a backpack. It does not have the front 3 pockets like the alpha 7. The one thing I wish is that is was more boxy/structured....it is a little floppy. But I think once I load it up even more I won't have that problem. :) I wish I could compare it to the PP but I have only seen one once and it was already gently used.....

Momof3Labs
05-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Check this link that I posted above - it doesn't look like they make a brown one:

http://www.kecci.com/cgi-bin/TLSstore.cgi?kvar=shanghai

Our Nordstrom Rack is sold out; I checked today on my lunch hour.