PDA

View Full Version : Lands End Classic Do-It-All Diaper Bag

Mom_2_Alyssa
05-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Hi,
I am looking to get a durable diaper bag for my baby to use at the babysitter's house approximately 3-4 days a week. I need something large enough to house 3-4 bottles (perhapse in their own soft cooler), two changes of clothes, an extra blanket, a journal, a toy or two, diaper balm, ect. Diapers and wipes I will probably just purchase for him in bulk and leave at the sitter's house. I am not too concerned about the styling of the bag because I will probably get something else for myself when he is out with me. My main concerns are durability, ease of cleaning and having enough space to cart around his stuff. I have heard that the Lands End bags hold up well (we went through several 'daycare' bags with my older daughter and are trying to avoid doing that again). My friend has the updated DIA LE bag and DH does not care for the shorter straps, so I thought the classic might be better for us. Does anyone have any opinions on this bag, good or bad? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Becca
Mom to Alyssa (02/03/98) and Collin (EDD 09/02/04)

candybomiller
05-11-2004, 11:05 PM
I have a suggestion. (I think. I've already taken my nighttime sleepy medication, so forgive me if I forget what I'm talking about!) Why not leave the changes of clothes, extra blanket, journal, toy or two, and diaper balm etc and leave all that stuff at the sitters, along with the diapers and wipes. That's what we do for DS and haven't had any problems with the system. It's great because there's actually one less thing for us to have to worry about when we're getting ready to leave in the morning.

But, if you're determined to go diaper bag route, you need something bigger. I had the Lands End DIA and it just didn't hold enough for us.

Have you looked at the fleurville mothership?
http://www.missfitzinc.com/sub_dept.asp?DeptID=55
I just ordered the pink mothership and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I'm sure other savvy moms will have some suggestions for you.

Mikesa3
05-11-2004, 11:20 PM
LE is updating their DIA.Should be out by end of June.It will have longer straps.HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

cinrein
05-12-2004, 08:39 AM
We have a DIA that we bought in Jan. 2003, so it's the version before this latest one that is now available. I use only when we travel and it easily holds 4 days worth of diapers, assorted creams, a blanket, burp/wipe rag, and other assorted stuff (toys, shoes, jacket). The bag has held up well and still looks like new. It's certainly not the most gorgeous bag out there, but it does the job.

A lot of people bought this bag and decided they didn't like it. If you decide to buy one, I'd check ebay or the diaper bag swap.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03