PDA

View Full Version : I got to see so many diaper bags today! (skip hop, fluerville, oi oi, chester....

cchavez
05-12-2004, 09:09 PM
sweet tulip and a few hand made ones too. They just opened up a Pickles and Ice cream in a neighboring town. The last time I called they were only carrying the Mothership. Anyway, I really liked the Alpha 7 and have been thinking about getting one for the Fall. The Chester bags they had were totally adorable too but their prints are kind of Summer/Springish and I would prefer something that can be used year round. The baby boutique next door had bags by 3 Marthas (very cute but I already have a toile bag) and sweet tulip...cool and funky.

I wish I had known about this huge selection bc I probably would have "wished" for another diaper bag for mother's day. DH did give me a very cool gift but that leaves me to continue my search for the perfect diaper
with no justification for spending the money on another one!

first_timer
05-12-2004, 09:43 PM
What did you think of the Skip Hop? Did you see an OiOi dot messenger by any chance? If so, what did you think of it? Size, style? I am looking for something dark (on the outside) and medium sized, so that one appealled to me, but I've never seen it in person.
Thanks!

cchavez
05-12-2004, 10:08 PM
The skip hop was nice but narrow as has been mentioned before. I did look at the black oi oi messenger but did check out the striped one. It didn't seems too large (in comparison to my nicole miller bag that is VERY boxy) but I really did pay attention to the organization. It is a very pretty bag!

Chelsey333
05-13-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm with you, I have no more birthdays or mother's days coming up! I can't justify getting another bag at this time. But I still have a list of wants. I really like the escape pod, but probably won't even need it bec I will have 2 kids. It will probably be a while before I need a small bag once the baby is born. But I also think the Mothership would be nice to have. Did you think the Mothership was a lot bigger than the Alpha 7? HOw about the Alpha 7 in comparison to the Loom, is there a big size difference?

cchavez
05-13-2004, 10:49 AM
I've never seen a loom IRL so I can't compare. I really didn't compare the alpha 7 and mothership side by side but I remember the first time I saw a mothership I thought is was huge! I kept on thinking about the alpha 7 last nite what bothered me is that I didn't get to play with is enough (DS was too busy exploring the store....making me nervous) that is looks like it works great as a back pack but I am not sure how great it works as a messenger...maybe some alpha 7 owners can explain it to me. But it really seems like it would be a great versatile bag that would work really well with my casual wadrobe.