PDA

View Full Version : Update review of Chester Bag

blnony
05-13-2004, 03:36 PM
I seriously love this bag. Love it.
I am amazed how it can hold so much and then when I just need a few things; BAM..its still normal size. Amazing.
Even my DH made a comment about how much he liked it.
Its so light, but it doesn't feel flimsey either. And I've started to become a real fan of the zipper close. It actually keeps Audrey out of the bag.
I can fit as much as my stuff (wallet, change purse stuff) 4 size 5 diapers, wipes, big straw sippy cup, magna doodle, book, change of clothes, stuffed animal, diaper cream, snack cup, and her blanket for nap time at school in it and it closes fine and it doesn't look overstuffed. The straps stay on my shoulder great too. I put my keys and cell phone in the outside pockets, so I'm never searching for them.
It wipes off on the inside and out too. And, when I bend over to get Audrey out of the car or to pick her up, it doesn't slid down on get in my way...which is awesome.
I think I'll use it for a beach bag (pool bag) this summer too.
I just wanted to give a better review for anyone considering one, I have to say A+ grade to this one.

lmariana
05-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Awesome Brianna, I love my Chester tote too. Mine is a little different, but I can attest to all the same things...fits a tons of stuff but doesn't seem overstuffed, lightweight, great strap length, love the zipper close, etc...

I'm so glad you're happy with your new bag!

How are you liking the Dobre?

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

blnony
05-13-2004, 09:52 PM
LOL!! I haven't even used it yet.
Which is sad; but I will I promise. :)

Brianna

parkersmama
05-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Brianna, which one did you get? And where did you get it? I was looking seriously at one a while back when there was a discount code but I backed out because I had a Marsupial on the way. Well, the Marsupial came and just wasn't right for me. So, now I'm back on the quest, although I'm pretty happy with my Vera Bradley carry-all right now! :)

blnony
05-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Denise:
The more I use this bag; the more I love it; which is a change from the norm!:)

I ordered it from www.chesterhandbags.com

I got the red bloom classic diaper bag.

If I don't want to carry much, it doesn't look or feel big at all; but if I need to really pack it; it still doesn't seem heavy or big. I love that about it.

There are other places that I think carry them too. One thing though, is it doesn't have a ton of pockets on the inside; but the way the bag is designed, I don't miss them. It comes with the change purse and changing pad; but I don't carry the cp with me.

parkersmama
05-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh, that's cute! This is the one I was thinking about:
http://www.chesterhandbags.com/default.asp

They are slightly different sizes but overall about the same size (based on the stated dimensions). It looks like the pockets are a bit different. I really like the bottle pockets on the ends.

Twin Mom
05-14-2004, 10:23 PM
It seems like everyone who has a Chester bag has the tote or the classic but I haven't heard anything about the backpack.

If you have one, please let me know what you like or don't like about it. I'm considering replacing my Combi US and would like to know how it compares sizewise.

Thanks.
Aileen

maddio
05-14-2004, 10:51 PM
I don't have the vinyl diaper backpacks but there was one on the sale page of their website which is a black nylon material. It looks like the bag is the same as their other diaper backpacks but just a different material. I ordered it earlier this week and just received it so I haven't used it yet. It is much cuter in person than the picture that is shown. The stripe has 3 different shades of pink and gives the plain black backpack a very cute look.

It is on sale for $60 which beats the regular price of $118. It is very lightweight with 2 bottles pockets on the inside, a zipper pocket on the inside and a zipper pocket on the outside. It comes with a small changing pad, a coordinating cosmetic case and a nylon drawstring bag.

I haven't used it yet since I just received it today but it looks pretty room inside and I like the fact that it's lightweight.

Here's a link to it:
http://www.chesterhandbags.com/default.asp
The stripes on the picture are different from the actual bag. The picture shows a red and white stripe but it is actually a stripe with 5 different shades of pink. The bag is cuter than the picture. I was pleasantly surprised.

maddio
05-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Oops...sorry - it looks like the link is just a generic link to the Chester handbag homepage. If you click on Diaper Bags and go to the Sale page there is a black backpack listed there.

I don't think this item is part of their regular product line. When I called and placed my order the lady (Roseanne who was very helpful) said this bag was made for a special event and they had extras so they are selling them at half price. So I'm guessing once they are all sold out they will not have this bag on their website anymore.

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
05-15-2004, 01:47 AM
uh oh... for that price now I am tempted! I have never seen a Chester bag IRL, but they look quite cute. I love backpacks, so I may have to give this one a try. Do you like the material? And the quality?
Thanks!
Gretchen

lmariana
05-15-2004, 09:25 AM
Darn it!

You just made me buy that backpack. :) I also got he blue and white flower classic diaper bag for $60! What an awesome deal! Thanks for the info!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

05-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Mariana, we are living similar diaper bag existences! I ordered these same 2 bags last night!! What a bargain! Can't wait to see these IRL.

lmariana
05-15-2004, 10:18 AM
That's hilarious Gretchen!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Twin Mom
05-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Would you be able to post a picture of the sale backpack? If you can't maybe Gretchen or Mariana will be able to. Of course they might be sold out by then :-( It's just that I wanted to get something a bit more interesting than my usual black so ordering that bag just adds another black bag to my very small collection of black bags...I really want either ditsy stripe or candy stripe which of course are full price and it doesn't look like they even have the candy stripe backpack anymore (at least not on the Chester site).
Although that price is really tempting. I will have to go look at the return policy and maybe I will order it!!

Ladies, please let me know what you think after you use the bag.

Thanks.
Aileen

05-15-2004, 11:51 AM
The stripes are shades of pink, though.

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/mushymush72/chester_backpack_2.jpg

Here is the other bag I ordered.

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/mushymush72/bluebell_floral_backpack.jpg

momtoemma
05-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Has anyone tried the toddler tote? I noticed they also have one of these on the sale page, and I might give it a try.

Thanks,

maddio
05-15-2004, 07:14 PM
I tried to take some pictures of the black Chester backpack that I had received yesterday. I've also included pictures of the cosmetic case (haven't decided if I like the pattern yet), and the changing pad. The changing pad is a bit small - it measures about 23" long x 16" wide with a velcro closure.

I used the bag today for a quick trip to the store and it was pretty good. I can see how it may become difficult to organize the inside of the bag since there is only 1 zipper pocket on the inside (in addition to the 2 bottle pockets) but i really liked the fact that it is lightweight and that it has a loop on top to make it easy to carry without wearing it.

Maddy's mama
05/24/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6141.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6142.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6144.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6145.jpg

05-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks for posting these - It's so cute! I'm so glad that I ordered one. I think that it will get alot of use even when it isn't needed anymore as a diaper bag. The cosmetic case is a bit different- not sure what I think either. Thanks again!

Twin Mom
05-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures. It is cuter then the bag on the website. I wonder why the picture doesn't match what they sent you (at least you like it more than the picture...) Unfortunately I don't think it will work for me right now although, darn that price is good.

I am also surprised that the cosmetic bag doesn't match the backpack. I would think they would normally match. I'm not that big on the asian prints myself which is what it looks like to me.

Hope you enjoy it.
Aileen