PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen a Petunia Pickle Bottom bag?

pjeaston
05-14-2004, 01:47 AM
A friend of mine was over the other day and she said that the Petunia Pickle Bottom was a hot looking bag. I have never seen one in person. I looked them up on different sites and they look delicate. Is it worth having?

mommy_1boy1girl
05-14-2004, 08:14 AM
I love love love mine!!! They are a little more "delicate" but I LOVE it. I do sometimes worry it will get dirty, so I am extra careful with it. I have the cucumber roll. It is big. I can take a full day's worth of everything we need for DD, including more than enough cloth diapers, and still have some room. The changing pad that is connected is a bit worthless to me. . .it is just not long enough to lay a baby larger than a newborn on.

jk3
05-14-2004, 08:34 AM
I love mine too! I use it as an everday bag + it's holding up pretty well. It's just beautiful and it's practical too. Definitely worth having!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

robmab719
05-14-2004, 09:43 AM
They are very pretty bags. However, they are VERY big! I was amazed at how big they were IRL after seeing pics on the web. I also wasn't crazy about the changing pad being attached to the front. But the fabrics are amazing and, if you like really big bags, these are about as nice as they come.

supercalifragilous
05-14-2004, 05:38 PM
I have the boxy backpack and I have to agree with the others, it's huge. The fabric isn't that stiff (especially after you dry clean it - it totally loses its structure and becomes, literally, a fabric bag) so you can fit TONS of stuff! Think of the word: cavernous.

I too hate the fact that the changing pad is attached. It's way too short. I don't think anything larger than a newborn - 3 months would fit on that thing. Besides, I hate using it in public places b/c I'm a germ freak. I got a portable changing pad from a BRU brand (Especially For Baby) that organizes a fold-out huge changing pad with two huge netted sections for diapers and wipes case, etc. I like it b/c it also has a velcro loop so you can attach it to your stroller to make more room in your bag for MORE stuff!! :7

If you're thinking about getting one, consider what the inside fabric is - the Sunset Dragon (red) has black lining so things are kind of difficult to find, especially in poor lighting or in the car.

If the price turns you off but you like the asian brocade look, check out www.kecci.com. It was on a previous post about the $37 bag at Nordstrom Rack. Their half the price of Petunias!

pjeaston
05-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't know if it is for me. It sounds too big. My youngest is almost out of diapers so I don't need to carry tons. I laugh when I think of the bag I had to have when I had my first daughter. I thought the one to have was the Bjorn backpack. I look back now and LOL. It was practical, but now there are so many fun bags that don't look like a school backpack.

Mom to Nicole 5/20/00 and Rachel 6/8/02:)